Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum
Return to Website

Sailonline Forum

Welcome to Sailonline.com! Feel free to write on any boating topic you like. The more you post, the more feedback you will get! To return to Sailonline.com, simply click on the logo.

Sailonline Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
stupid question

I just bought Virgin Anchorages, beautiful and informative book. The navigational chart shows WP's with numbers like WP122. Are these bouys? What does WP stand for? Thank you, Evan

Re: stupid question

There is no such thing as a stupid question, in seamanship ;-)
I believe that the WP # may be tied to the VI Cruising guide by Nancy and Simon Scott. In the book, they have charts and WP with numbers. Usually they are strategically placed WP for VI navigation. What I do know for fact is that they are NOT buoys or markers.

I hope this helps.

WP is Way Point. In the Scott Cruising Guide the WP have numbers and a Lat Long position. If you put the lat long in your GPS, it will guide you to the WP.

Thank you very much. I am bareboating and want as much info as possible to maek a safe and fun voyage for my crew members.

Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum