Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum
Return to Website

Sailonline Forum

Welcome to Sailonline.com! Feel free to write on any boating topic you like. The more you post, the more feedback you will get! To return to Sailonline.com, simply click on the logo.

Sailonline Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Island Yacht Charters USVI

Any comments "good or Bad" about chartering with IYC.
Also pros and cons about starting in the USVI -vs BVI.

Thanks

Re: Island Yacht Charters USVI

Hi Daryl,

Had a 3 week charter with them in 2003 and would definately go again.

The boat was excellent (IP350). Well equipped and well maintained. The staff were friendly and the service good.

Starting in the USVI's wasn't a problem. Clearing in/out of the BVI's was quick and easy. Having said that, don't dismiss the USVI's and just head across the 'border'. We actually returned to the US side earlier than planned because we preferred it (less commercial / quiter and better anchorages)...but I guess it depends on what you like.

I loved the Island Packet but recognise that the long keel/heavier displacement is not to everyone's taste (but they come into their own if the wind/sea picks up and everyone else runs for cover!).

Let me know if you need more

John

Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum