Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum
Return to Website

Sailonline Forum

Welcome to Sailonline.com! Feel free to write on any boating topic you like. The more you post, the more feedback you will get! To return to Sailonline.com, simply click on the logo.

Sailonline Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Question on boat purchase

I'm hoping I can get some guidance on the purchase of a boat. This is my 1st and I have been dealing directly with the brokerage that owns the boat as part of a trade. The boat is several years old and was previously in a mid sized charter firms fleet. So, it has the wear that comes with being in charter. My question is the value I should attribute to the NADA valuations as part of my offer. I plan on having the boat hauled and surveyed of course and expect my offer to be made as a result of the survey.

Thank you,

Ken

Re: Question on boat purchase

Ken,

You can look up boat valations on Buc.net (not NADA). Have a survey done (never even consider buying without one!). The surveyor will give his opinion (usually based on Buc and his adjustments) of value.

I would take the buck value based upon the realistic condition and offer less.

Curtis

Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum