Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum
Return to Website

Sailonline Forum

Welcome to Sailonline.com! Feel free to write on any boating topic you like. The more you post, the more feedback you will get! To return to Sailonline.com, simply click on the logo.

Sailonline Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
sailonline's bidding process

Looking for some guidance for using sailonline's bidding process....we have chartered many times in US/BVI - always direct with the companies....what type discounts can one reasonably expect via the bidding process? or example - a Beneteau 393 / Jeanneau 40 is listed as normal season "C" rate of $2,732wk /$390 day...what % off this is reasonable?
Thanks

Re: sailonline's bidding process

No opinions on this? I am guessing 25% off is a solid number. The reason for the requests - I am 'pitching' this trip to a group of guys..We have sailed together on the US east coast for years, and it will be a financial stretch for a couple....hence I am trying to get a relatively solid number to give them.

Re: sailonline's bidding process

Hi Mike, I have used the bidding process two ice and I was in both cases very satisfied with it. The first time I got about 35% discount on the published price (Sunsail 35ft prime shape) but I had to adjust my. The second time I got 25% discount, It was with Conch Charter, 41ft 3 cabin the boat was in full working order but not as new as the first, the service however was excellent. What I realized is that If your dates are flexible you can get more out of the process. Best of luck.

Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum