Welcome to the Caddo Connection

This forum was created to allow Caddo members to ask questions, network, and engage in general discussion regarding the Caddo Nation.

The forum administrator reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts and to ban abusers from this site.

Welcome to the Caddo Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ashamed

I was horrified to hear of another instance where a tribal elder was told to wait outside in the heat and humidity. Any elder should be able to find safe haven and water at our tribal headquarters whether or not they are Caddo. This is not the first time. This is not the second time. But it needs to be the last time. Policies, procedures, and politics aside, I'm sure we can dig deep and find a way to be polite and hospitable to elders. There is plenty of places in our building they could sit and wait. I am so ashamed.

Re: ashamed

Agree with you there Tracy. There is no doubt these directives came from the Chair or at least that is what Justin said when we asked him why and who told him to keep us (the five legal Council Members (Quorum).

However, and this is just my feelings and observations, he seemed to enjoy that power. We were locked out repeatedly. Most certainly Brenda enjoyed it. Believe it is time for her to start looking back "west" for any support she will have AND that can't save her.

That land and building was not given to Ms. Sheymayme Edwards or Justin Smith for their personal use and haven. The power the bunch up there have to abuse Caddo people is eroding and will stop. Enough is enough.