Welcome to the Caddo Connection

This forum was created to allow Caddo members to ask questions, network, and engage in general discussion regarding the Caddo Nation.

The forum administrator reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts and to ban abusers from this site.

Welcome to the Caddo Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anadarko Daily News

Official results of Caddo Election:

The official results of the Caddo Nation General Election held on July 13, 2013 have been announced.

In the Chairman's race the vote counts are as follows: Brenda Shemayme Edwards, 101; Kenny L. Poindexter, 52, Anthony J. Cotter, 68; Dale K. Butler, 71.

The Vice-Chairman's post was uncontested with Phillip Smith gathering 211 votes.

Also uncontested, the Secretary's office had Wildena F. Guy Moffer with 222 votes.

In the Treasurer's race the results are Delita Butler, 144 to Carla Guy , 133.

Binger District will be represented by Bonnie C. Smith Noah with 30 votes who was uncontested.

The official swearing in ceremony of the new officials will be Tuesday, August 6, 2013.

The administration of the oath of office will be held at 11:30 in the Conference Room of the Administration Building at the Caddo Tribal Complex. A reception will follow the ceremony.

Tribal members and the public are invited to attend.

Re: Anadarko Daily News

The above being said, there is no way Brenda Shemayme Edwards got only 30 votes in four (4) districts and 71 in the Absentee.

There also is no way Carla Guy got 133 votes.

Believe the above Absentee Ballots made the difference and believe that Absentee Ballot Box stayed in the Complex, believing they (the Election Board Members) believed (LOL) the safe room for it would have been the Chair's room. How does that sound??????

You get the tally's in from OKC, Anadarko, Ft. Cobb and Binger and shows a problem. What you gonna do?

Then a "Recount" is filed and the Election Board was asked for both the inside and outside envelopes, letters requesting Absentee Ballots and Affidavits and Mr. Cotter is told, with "Brenda Edwards setting right there with the Election Board for the Recount" and he is told "no", we are not doing that, we are only recounting, i.e., one, two, three four, five, sounds like the ballots the Chair got at the Districts, all but Binger.

People, what do you say? what does this sound like? Sounds like the Chair should go and the Election Board right behind her. How very, very sad that we have such as this holding elections and chairing the Caddo Nation.

Enough for now.

I am a tribal member in Arizona. I am an absentee voter....By the time my ballot arrived it was past the date it was supposed to be submitted. I received it one day to last to be post marked correctly...

I sent it anyway...but doubt it was counted....

Things that make you go hmm...

What an absolute joke, Brenda Edwards didn't win anything and we all know it! Heard they also "banned" Mr. Cotter's wife because she called a Foul on the whole thing, she should know as she was a "watcher" during the election count, and they made her leave the room for twenty minutes while they brought in the Stuffed absentee ballot box in the side door so she wouldn't see. The Truth always comes out, and Ms. Edwards reign as Chairman of the Caddo Nation is OVER!!!!!!