Welcome to the Caddo Connection

This forum was created to allow Caddo members to ask questions, network, and engage in general discussion regarding the Caddo Nation.

The forum administrator reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts and to ban abusers from this site.

Welcome to the Caddo Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can anyone share their experiences with managing and maintaining blade server environments?

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working with blade servers and I wanted to reach out to the community to see if anyone has any experiences or insights to share regarding managing and maintaining blade server environments. I'm particularly interested in hearing about:

Discovery of Blade Servers: Is it possible to discover specific information about blade servers for discovery purposes? Where can I find this information?

Hardware Health Monitoring: Are there any challenges or issues with monitoring the hardware health of blade servers, especially in Cisco UCS or Intel Modular Blade Server environments?

Management Features: How effective are the built-in management features of blade servers? Are they fully utilized or are there limitations when using them in conjunction with virtualization platforms like Proxmox?

Comparison with Rack Servers: For those who have experience with both blade servers and rack servers, what are the pros and cons of each? Is the complexity and overhead of blade servers worth it for a smaller number of hosts?

Any insights, tips, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!