Welcome to the Caddo Connection

This forum was created to allow Caddo members to ask questions, network, and engage in general discussion regarding the Caddo Nation.

The forum administrator reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts and to ban abusers from this site.

Welcome to the Caddo Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HDMI 2.1 Monitor Connectivity and Error Issues: Seeking Guidance

Hello fellow members,

I hope everyone is doing well. I recently purchased an HDMI 2.1 monitor , excited to dive into the world of immersive gaming and high-quality media consumption. However, I've encountered some connectivity and error issues that have left me scratching my head.

Here's a brief overview of the problem:

Intermittent Connectivity: My HDMI 2.1 monitor seems to have intermittent connectivity issues. Sometimes it works flawlessly, but other times it just refuses to display anything, even though the connection appears to be fine. I've checked the cables, and they seem to be in good condition.

Error Messages: Occasionally, when the monitor does manage to connect, I've been encountering error messages related to HDCP or resolution compatibility. These errors disrupt my viewing or gaming experience and can be quite frustrating to deal with.

I've tried troubleshooting on my own by updating drivers, changing HDMI cables, and adjusting settings on both the monitor and my devices, but the problem persists.

I'm reaching out to this community in the hopes that someone might have encountered similar issues or could offer some guidance on how to resolve them. Are there any specific settings I should be aware of? Any firmware updates I might have missed? Or perhaps there's a workaround that I haven't considered yet?

Your expertise and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Steve