Welcome to the Caddo Connection

This forum was created to allow Caddo members to ask questions, network, and engage in general discussion regarding the Caddo Nation.

The forum administrator reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts and to ban abusers from this site.

Welcome to the Caddo Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help Needed! Frustrating Error 0x86170104 in Photo Gallery

Hi All

I'm pulling my hair out here! I keep getting an error code (0x86170104) when trying to save edited photos in Windows Live Photo Gallery on my i9 core laptop . The kicker? I can't find any information about this error code online, not even from Microsoft, Bing, or Google!

Here's what happens:

I edit a picture in Photo Gallery.
When I try to save the changes, a window pops up saying, "An error is preventing Photo Gallery from saving this photo. Error code: 0x86170104."
After that, I'm stuck. I can't save any edits to any pictures until I close and reopen Photo Gallery or restart my entire computer. This happens every 3-4 edits!

Sometimes, the screen goes black for a moment before recovering. A few times, I've even gotten a message about the "display driver nvlddmkm" failing and recovering. However, all my drivers are supposedly up to date according to system checks.

Is anyone else familiar with this error code (0x86170104)?

What could be causing this? Is it a Photo Gallery issue or something deeper?
Why can't I find any information about this error code anywhere?
How can I fix this problem (without switching to Apple )?

Any insights or suggestions