Welcome to the Caddo Connection

This forum was created to allow Caddo members to ask questions, network, and engage in general discussion regarding the Caddo Nation.

The forum administrator reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts and to ban abusers from this site.

Welcome to the Caddo Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Constitution News from the "Official" Caddo Nation Website

The Tribal Constitution is being updated. If you have any changes, amendements or deletions to the Caddo Constitution, please contact one of the following people:

Jennifer Walton at 405-408-1136
Frances Kodaseet at 405-793-0958
Teresa Keller at 405-473-7159
Kelly Parton at 405-638-0335
Dorothy Garrett at 405-966-2520
Donna Benitez at 405-656-2208

Please submit your suggestions by June 9, 2008. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Re: Constitution News from the "Official" Caddo Nation Website

I don't think this should stand. Firstly, there are three election board members on there. Two of which are on as illegal election board members. One of which is not only on the election board but is being paid to set in the election board office and collect data. FOR WHAT AND FOR WHO?

While I think the Caddo tribe needs there to be ongoing communication to those people who want or need to be registered, this task could be taken on by a part time person and not an election board member.

Secondly, what is the **** big hurry to change the constitution? As one of the posters on her pointed out earlier, how about working on the constitution along with the court we are planning to put in place.

Could it be part of this council is wanting to amend the constitution to fit their future needs. Lets say, and I have heard the rumor, that Parker plans on running again.

What about this people?????????????????

You sure this isn't the illegal election board ? How can the council allow for this type of board. This just make me sick when I ask when are the Caddo people going to have enough of this type of dictatorship and get her the hell out. The only reason they are one there is because they want a way that LaRue can run again, she needs this- its her income the best she has ever had in her miserable life, I know that is cruel but its a fact. GET HER AND THEM OFF NOE

Oh never mind...it's not even worth going into anymore...

Thank you, Darko, for putting this on the site. Hopefully there will be many comments and suggestions.

People have been saying for years that we need to make changes to our constitution - not necessarily the ones that were made most recently. I will contact one of these good ladies and tell them some of the changes that have been suggested to me and to past constitution committees. then we will see what comes of it.

Also, one of the changes that I would like to see is something that says we must have an election at the regular time and something forbiding people like Parker from staying on and on in office without being properly elected.

Thanks, again!!