Welcome to the Caddo Connection

This forum was created to allow Caddo members to ask questions, network, and engage in general discussion regarding the Caddo Nation.

The forum administrator reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts and to ban abusers from this site.

Welcome to the Caddo Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Caddo Petition Election!

The logic is simple the constitution does have a minimum of 50 signatures to challenge the action of the council. I an opposition petition with more signature on would should prevail. I don't recall who make that decision a board or anti-council in a parell universe in a worm hole????

Re: The Caddo Petition Election!

yes, more signatures should be required along with a filing fee of about $200. The one thing our people don't seem to think about when signing is how much an election would cost the tribe. Or maybe whoever instigated the petition does not care? If there's no money coming out of their pocket, but comes out of the tribe's pocket, they must think it's okay. I have been at fault for not attending meetings and keeping up with things but have started trying to keep up again. Is there a petition out there in circulation? Does anyone know what it concerns? Or have some of our people been misdirected once again? Or has someone signed the petition just because their relative said to sign? As I get older I realize our tribe must be prepared to go into the future and put some things behind and give people a chance to prove themselves. I know we have an election coming up in July and that will cost us enough, from what I've seen on the financial reports their has been some wasteful spending and as a tribe we need to attend Membership meetings and not let the "same 20" make decisions for us. For those of us who can attend the Council meetings we should also attend those and see for oursevles who is doing what is right, or trying toi do right. I need to move into the future too and buy myself a computer so I don't have to rely on my granddaughter to do this message for me.

I hear that there was a petition turned in over the weekend to place Joyce H. back in office. Isn't it too late for that? I thought the former council including Parker and Hinse changed the constitution to read that council positions have to be filled within 60 days from the date of vacancy. She was removed well over 3 months ago, right? I don't understand how this petition could be valid.

The Constitution states the vacancy has to be filled in 60 days. What is Hinse or Parker trying to pull now?
Membership has hollared before about not following the Constitution and this looks like one more time our esteemed leader is trying to go around it?
But Membership does have the right to do a petition so at least that part of it is okay to do, so it just looks like the content is against the Constitution. Who has the largest family to ask to sign something like this against our Constitution? or do we get to see who signed if we ask?

Here we are again, but from what I understand the election board has 70,000.00 , What a waste, I guess the council /election board does not understand the election board only gets paid for meetings. Why is the election board chairman getting paid a weekly pay check, she is not an employee. My aunt was talking about this and I could not believe it. I looked at the budget report and they had 40,000.00, ending 9/30. that is against the Constitution. The election board chairman is big time in debted to the tribe. And how are we supposed to trust anything from this election board if they knowingly violate the Constitution. THEY ALL NEED TO GO

We have always had elections with a budget under $10K. What has changed to warrent an increase of more than $60K. For one, the election board chairman shouldn't be getting a salary, that is clearly against the constitution. This election board is meeting more than our council does; this is wrong in so many ways. I feel that this is just another mechanism to indirectly put money into the election board members pockets to get favorable results.