Welcome to the Caddo Connection

This forum was created to allow Caddo members to ask questions, network, and engage in general discussion regarding the Caddo Nation.

The forum administrator reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts and to ban abusers from this site.

Welcome to the Caddo Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sanctions lifted?

Heard that was on the council agenda to lift the sanctions on the council 5 & Jerri. This should never happened, but can anyone give a report?

Re: Sanctions lifted?

Yes, the sanctions were removed and yes they should never have been put on the 5 Council ladies in the first place. Firstly, what was done to them was unconstitutional, secondly, they did not owe money. They legally took care of tribal business.

Great. The Council 5 have the Tribe's best interest at heart. The tribe can use their knowledge. There are lots of good, smart Caddos, who can contribute in manyways. The intimidation and vengeful ways of the "three" are gone, gone. Hopefully the tribe gets back on track. Caddos need to conduct business in businesslike ways.

I was told when several of the C5 waked into the room Diane was fussing with LaRue because Diane had passed on a request to place the C5 on the agenda and LaRue had not. LaRue told Diane Ann knew where to reach her and Ann should have called to ask. Diane said she worked for the people so why could she not request a place if someone had asked her to do it. Diane told LaRue that LaRue had told council if they wanted something on the agenda to ask. She asked and got her answer, huh? I was also told that Diane and Brenda apologized to the C5 and shook their hands. I was also told that Brenda was sworn in as the Vice Chair.

Yep, they were lifted finally.

Our constitution says that we are to conduct our meetings according to Robert's. Robert's says that the Secretary makes the agenda.

What is wrong with Parker? Can't she follow the constitution? In the past, our Secretary has made the agenda.

Thanks, Diane, for the good work. And thanks, Brenda, for lifting those sanctions.

Now, we need to have an election - a good one. And it goes without saying that PARKER NEEDS TO GO!

thanks, you - all! I could not attend the meeting, had chemo that day. also - I am doing great! According to the doctor, today, my cancer is shrinking and my CA125 has dropped by 4. So, I am doing good!!

Question ? When will the council place sanctions on the three, wait they can't, its not within the authority of the council, BUT BUT!! They can certainly place an IN DEBT on the. The entire time they three met, with Fife and Messer, they owe the money, not to mention parker and her precious BIA made me do it building.
They certainly do owe money, NOW..Council do the right thing and issue the invoice to them. Every red cent they spent-they owe back. Also, when are you all going to have the election board pay their money back-mileage plus a meeting check--you have got to be kidding.

I know there has been a lot of wrong doing in the past but I'm to the point where I think we should just move on and focus our energy on economic sustainment for the tribe ~ we all know that we will never get that money back! We are sinking fast and our children and grandchildren will suffer for it if we don’t act now. The Caddo people have an accounting on who has done what and we can see who has the tribe’s best interest at heart. I'm all for people being brought to justice but sometimes we just have to consider the price before we act...just my 2 cents.

Jen, your 2 cents is right on. We have to think of our children, their children and their children. We need to go forward and I think, from what I can tell, this council has the best interest of the tribe at heart. Always there will be someone who thinks they know best, but listen with your heart and do not be swayed by those who talk without having been through what we've been through these last years. And let's go forward leaving old stuff behind and not carry it into the future!

Exactly...sometimes you just have to cut you losses and move on. July, 2009 will be here soon enough, then there will be no chance of Mrs. Parker getting back in office. Nor do I believe she would, even if she could run again.

It's taken all these years, but, it seems as though people are finally starting to listen and look at what's been going on. It's a pretty hard pill to swallow when your asked to believe a family member or close friend is the root of a problem, or the instigator of wrong doing. I myself had voted for, and supported, many of the ones that have driven our tribe to where it is today in the earlier elections.

They say justice is blind and sometimes it truly is. It's been shown time and again over recent years that the agency, BIA, regional office, the courts, Washington and whoever, are not going to help whatsoever. Bottom line...they don't give a rat's ass what happens to any tribe in general. They're a U.S. Government entity and I believe history has shown what the Native American can count on from them.

It's time to gather what we do have left and move forward. We've lost a lot of ground, but it's not too late. I for one had all but lost all hope for a time. Recent actions coming from the current council have brought new life back to my hopes for our tribe.

I just hope our trust is not misplaced again!!!

I just think, like so many of us, this Council didn't see what, or who, they were up against. But I think they have had their eyes opened now and are trying their best to fight for the betterment of the tribe.
We will have to think long and hard at the next election and not vote for someone just because our family likes that person. We have to think for ourselves.

I disagree but thats just my opinion. What about accountability ? So, we just say, oh well, they pretty much bled the tribe dry by all their money grubbing hands, and we just chalk it up to let bygones be bygones, and call it quits.
What kind of example is that ? The next Chairman that gets in may do just like this one.
I don't think the general membership knows exactly how much money has gone by them people. And if this council does not care , then they are no better that the three.

I'm sorry you disagree that we should think for ourselves, but we shouldn't vote for someone just because they might be related or our families are mad at their opponent. I'm sorry you think the C5 are money grubbers, too. Oh, well.....I'm also sorry that's something has made you bitter. This tribe doesn't need bitter or angry. We need to act and not react.

This is Mary Pat.

I don't think that "Itsie" was meaning that we five were wrong in the things that we did. It was a long and hard fight that we fought.

My understanding of the DC Judge's opinion was such that a letter from me or "us" (since we five were all involved in all of our appeals), would cause certain changes to be made. I was asked to not submit my letter - that we all had signed - and wait for the CFR court that Jere Redcorn believed in. We waited and the decision has been appealed.... but like the appeal that I wrote to the CFR years ago (and finally won) ... it will probably be a year before we hear a decision.

Now, I have been sort of asked to submit the letter or another --- but frankly I am tired and want only to concentrate on getting well and fighting this cancer and taking chemo.... But that does not mean I don't care. I do appreciate the efforts of this new council - to make things right. However, in my opinion, the best way they can make things right is to enforce what we did years ago and finally remove Parker. We had many many reasons to want her removed because of the many misdeeds that she perpetuated against our people but the main reason that we removed her was for missing four consecutive regular scheduled meetings of the tribal council and that is exactly what we told the Agency and what I wrote in my letter to the Regional Office - that they ignored.

Why do I say that my letter was ignored? Because the Regional Office did not list it as one of the documents that they used to make their determination of my appeal - when they sent their list to DC. That is the reason, I believe, that the DC Judge ruled in favor of my appeal.

Any way, that is now old stuff. Do some new stuff. Get her out and get on with the business of the tribe!!

Love, Mary Pat

Principle, what was wrong then is still wrong now. We can turn the other cheak and let them keep what wasn't their's to begin with or we can stand up for what is right.

The Caddo people have been dumped on for the last 200 years from the US government to our own Caddo Government. What should we do just set back and take it?????

Why have any code of conduct if we are not going to abide by it???

Be good little Indians and enjoy being dumped on it makes us better people.

What "BULL SH*T".

Have some character and stand up for what is right and good.

"PRINCIPLE" "PRINCIPLE" "PRINCIPLE" "PRINCIPLE"

People have given their lives for us to have the right to have a "PRINCIPLE" to live by.

Why don't the "BAD GUYS" have to do what is right too?

Someone should hold them accountable for their actions don't you think?

Our current council is the body who should up hold our constitution and the "PRINCIPLE" and do what is right and hold them accountable. If they don't do the right thing then what is the point? They will just look the other way and be complicit with the "BAD GUYS" and let them get away with all the wrongs they have done.

The COUNCIL should do the job they were elected or appointed to do and that is to enforce the Caddo constitution, represent us and do what is right.

PS Will I finally get a Caddo Turkey this year?????

I believe in the in human equality with respect to social, political and economic rights and priviledges.

The "BAD GUYS" advocate inequalities among men.
Hence; Corrupt politicians and unsavory characters.