Welcome to the Caddo Connection

This forum was created to allow Caddo members to ask questions, network, and engage in general discussion regarding the Caddo Nation.

The forum administrator reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts and to ban abusers from this site.

Welcome to the Caddo Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Absentee Voters

Hello absentee voters! Did you know the deadline for absentee ballot form was MONDAY JUNE 1ST. It's gone by and many, many out of state voters did not get a notice of election. So only the "in crowd" will be voting absentee. Talked with lots of folks who didn't even know there was an election.

According to the EB 2009 sequence of events: "Tuesday May 26: Request for Absentee Ballots sent; (with) Ballot and Candidates Lists."

In all the years past a notice of election with candidates was sent to everyone. In-state or out-of-state. I did not get a notice of election in the mail with the Ballot and Candidates Lists.

Re: Absentee Voters

And we are paying for this. This is a way for them to control who wins. See, its important someone gets in that will cover up misdeeds by Parker, and it will be Pickering and Barr. NOT if I can help it.
Also, the last membership meeting they rescinded motions to put the proposition on the ballot. Guess what, its on the ballot. An absentee ballot states something like Should the election board be open all day everyday. Not the exact phrase but its there.
This election board simply does not understand the Constitution. It states the get paid for meetings only. I would like to know how much we have spent on illegal salary for the Chairman of the election board. As far as I am concerned they owe us money back. That money can be spent elsewhere, constitutionally spent.
And another thing. call our current treasurer and ask her how much money the tribe has spent in overdraft fees. Last amount was around 20,000.00 Granted the business manager took care of the personnel that was to take care of this but ****, how much money has been wasted during Parkers tenure. If memory serves me correct , council give fired that same employee but Parker, hinse and Kodaseet kept on in, so they are a fault for the money,

Heard that 800 request for absentee ballots went out. LOCAL VOTERS did not get this inforation. Everyone should be mailed this info and that include list of candidates.

Request for absentee ballots has been extended. Thanks to Kenny Poindexter and Laura Jarvis, a plea was made to the EB to extend the deadline.

Get your requests in everyone!!! Vote for the best person you think can do the job. But vote.

(The EB is all doubletalk. The Official Caddo Website and the Newsletter still have June 1st as the deadline for request.)