This forum should now be compatible with mobile devices and iPads

Mammoth Lifestyle & Fitness's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Monday ride/Wednesday ride

Does anyone fancy a brisk ride on a Wednesday evening instead of a Monday? If we are looking to improve anything, feedback for the Monday ride was that it was every now and then a little hard if people had raced or ridden long on the Sunday.

So, from 17/04/13 there will be a Wednesday evening ride, traditional hilly loop (50km) departing 6pm sharp. From Mammoth carpark.

GF.

Re: Monday ride/Wednesday ride

Excellent idea, I'm happy with that.

Gary,

Sounds good to me...

Are you planning a new route or using the same as last year?

Same route as last year. Only addition if there is a keen group still together would be a brief loop of 'Old Camp Road', taking first rights all the way and back into Brocton/Milford.....can build up to that. It adds about another 100m of climbing.

GF.

6pm sharp!

GF.

Well that was an easy ride.....not. Destroyed myself going throw into a monster head wind, big mistake. Got dropped not long after the Yorkshire man pub which then meant I had to do 25 miles on my own in that wind. Still including the 4 mile ride down to mammoth and the 4 mile ride back I still averaged just under 20mph. I will be fitter next time boys.

Fair play to the rest of you, you all looked pretty strong.

Great ride this week guys. A little bit windy, but nothing too bad!

Next week;

Hopefully same riders out, plus additions. I like the idea of the ride being a little grippy....will progress as summer approaches no doubt, but not to the detriment of the riders who want to come along.

A key point on the ride is the Bull and Specs pub. It ramps up towards this, so occassionally the group splits. Don't give up! We re-group at the pub (outside it). If you make it to this point, you will certainly hang on through Abbotts Bromley. That is over half way. Generally all of the rides I have been on slow down from this point. Opportunity to recover? The ride gets a bit more juicy through Salt and up the next few banks, but you are nearly home here. It is fair to say it's every man for himself on the run in, but we only pretend we have been at the finish for a while as everyone comes in....nobody is ever that far behind.

Spread the word, and I am sure we will have some fun outings.

GF.

ps. The over-riding rule of this ride is that we respect one another.