This forum should now be compatible with mobile devices and iPads

Mammoth Lifestyle & Fitness's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Results

Nice to finish the season with a couple of pleasing results,first off was the Ludlow sprint - a great event and we were blessed with the weather on the day,swim was tough as usual but left the water feeling ok,the bike course was fast but tough made harder by the strong cross head wind but I left everything out there on the road. Found it hard to find my run legs but by half way on the slightly longer run I started feeling strong and finished well,eventually coming in fifth on the day,considering the opposition I was pleased.
I finished off what has been a long year with a Duathlon at Oulton Park, this was a European qualifying event so it was going to be fast and packed with talent.
The run started really fast and for me it was just a case of damage limitation, as the young and strong runners really stretched out the field.I jumped on the bike around thirtieth and pushed from the off,there was still a few damp patches on the course so I had to be careful around the bends but the bike really suited the closed racing circuit
and with each lap my lines were getting faster and as the course dried out and my confidence grew the end result was each lap was a negative split climbing off the bike with the fastest bike split on the day.The second run felt great from the off feeling loose and fast I was able to post a second run time only three seconds slower than my first lap, the end result was first in my category and seventh overall, all in all a great day out and a nice way to finish the year.