The Ex Suez Veterans Association

You are invited to post a reply to any message, or start a new topic.

'Keep the Flag Flying' 

Opinions expressed in letters on these forum pages are those of each correspondent and are not necessarily those of any serving representative of
what was the ex  
Suez Veterans Association.

Suez Veterans Forum page
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Suez Veterans Association in the USA?

Hello There,

I found this website/forum while looking for info about the Suez Canal. My dad is from America but was sent to the Suez Canal crisis/war during his army time in the US (1955-1958)

I was wondering if anyone has any info if there is an Suez Veterans association in America?

Thank so much in advance.
Terri

Re: Suez Veterans Association in the USA?

Terri I live in Canada but have spent a bit of time off and on in the western states Washington/Oregon and never heard of any SVA connections. You could possibly seek information from the US VFW, Veterans of Foreign Wars to getting whether there is or not. Not much he;pIknow.

Re: Suez Veterans Association in the USA?

Hello Terri,

There wasn't an official Branch of the Suez Veterans Association in America although there were some Association members living over there. I think they were spread out too far apart for them to arrange a Branch or have meetings. Now there are only three members listed as living there.

What Unit was your father with, and whereabouts in the Zone was he stationed?

Wishing you all the best, with apologies for not being able to reply to your posting until now.
Richard Woolley
SVA Membership Secretary.
www.sunsandcanal.com.uk