Welcome To The Rockwood Beach Forum
No membership required

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking over the neighborhood

Hey there,
Some of you may have seen a Mustang driving rather slowly around the neighborhood yesterday (7/17/09). It was my wife and I looking at some property for sale in Rockwood. We were loving the area and found it hard to leave! It was already starting to feel like home with our first visit. I googled for some info on Isabel damage to find how suscept you are to floods and found this web site in the process. If anyone can share about flooding - or the neighborhood in general, we'd appreciate a reply. We are staying in a Residence Inn until our Oregon home sells. The commute to Beltsville would be about 51 min according to Google Maps. Anyone have any direct experience about traffic that direction? Is it hard to get a dock? Moor a boat? Don't have one yet but I like to dream! We love the look and feel of the area and look forward to whatever the future holds.
Greg & Margie

Re: Looking over the neighborhood

Sorry it took so long. We just got the site up and running. Didn’t expect you but welcome anyways.
Anyone have any direct experience about traffic that direction? Sure do. It’s all depends on you start time. I work about half way there and there is about an hour stretch that things get knotted up but for the most part they move right along.
Is it hard to get a dock? Moor a boat? Mooring boats is not much of a Bay thing. As for docks, now you can about name your price and everyone has space available. Thats if your boat is too big for the neighborhood boat ramp. As for flooding I really can’t tell you but from what I have heard. We did have that one small hurricane that caused little damage a couple years back. As for the bad one I would have to say it was Floyd. Just a perfect storm there. High tides and then it pushed a storm surge up the bay. No place for the water to go but over the banks but again the only damage was to the low lying houses on the river front. The water never crossed Rock Creek Way.