Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum
Return to Website

Sailonline Forum

Welcome to Sailonline.com! Feel free to write on any boating topic you like. The more you post, the more feedback you will get! To return to Sailonline.com, simply click on the logo.

Sailonline Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Newsgroup for charter boat owners and buyers

Hello all:

I have created a new Yahoo! Group at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/charterboatowners/
for charter boat owners worldwide to exchange ideas, tips, etc. related to charter boat ownership at large.

On this Group, charter boat BUYERS will be able to ask questions and seek guidance to charter boat owners regarding the ownership experience.
I just started it so it has only a handful of members but I hope it will catch on.

Fair winds,
Michel Benarrosh
Sailonline.com

Re: Newsgroup for charter boat owners and buyers

Hello from Greece,

i own two charter yachts ( one motor boat 44 f one sailing boat 56 f )i am in business from 1984,

i will be happy to give any info about yacht chartering

in Greece

elias

Hi Elias,

We are thinking about putting a boat in charter in Greece with The Moorings. We have been told that we cannot since we are not Greek citizens and don't live in Europe. We were also told that we could not get a mortgage on the boat for 2 reasons, 1) the credit companies won't do it here in the US becasue the boat is in the Med; 2) the companies in Europe won't do it because we are US citizens.

We have been in The Moorings for 5 years and would like a sailboat in Greece.

Any info would be appreciated. We also are going to leave the boat in the Med after the contract is over. Also the boat will be incorporated and documented in the US.

Thanks,

Sal Mannuccia

Hi Sal,

The person to contact would be Jean Larroux and his team of TUI Marine Yacht Sales Manager in Clearwater, Fl. They will be able to answer your questions about a charter boat in Greece. By the way I seem to be in a similar position, (one more year to go with The Moorings Boat Owner's Program). I would like to learn about your experience during the "Phase Out".

Hi Michel,
great idea this forum, thanks
Rudi

hi there am interested in buying SS owners points anyone interested in selling
owner of charter catamaran.

Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum