Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum
Return to Website

Sailonline Forum

Welcome to Sailonline.com! Feel free to write on any boating topic you like. The more you post, the more feedback you will get! To return to Sailonline.com, simply click on the logo.

Sailonline Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Anyone have experience with North-South Charters?

I am putting together a charter with 7 others for the last week in March. We are currently working with North South on a Catalina 42. My only concern is that I have not heard of N-S before and dont know anyone who has used it like i do at Moorings, Footloose, Sunsail, CYOA. Can anyone provide some insight?

Re: Anyone have experience with North-South Charters?

I used N/S two years ago when they were located on Nanny Cay. I think they relocated to Roadtown Harbour. They are an excellant 2nd tier charter company.

I have chartered twice from N/S in the last two years and they are a good solid second-level charter operation. The boats are of course not spotless and the one caution I would have is that you check EVERYTHING out thoroughly before accepting the boat. Make sure they fix it all before departure and don't accept a really ratty dinghy and/or marginal dinghy engine. Feel free to email me directly if you want more information.

My husband, son, grandson and I sailed with North -South Charters a couple of weeks ago and had a wonderful time. The company is thorough, the boat and dinghy in very good order, the provisioning fine and the local manager, Chandi, was terrific. Would recommend the company highly.

I second the opinion of one or the replyers about the Dinghy. We chartered the Dufort 45 from them 2 years ago and the boat was nice. The dinghy was torture. It took forever to start. Also, make sure they give you all of the necessary equipment to use shore power. We went to use the AC one night and had no way to plug in the boat.

North South is ok. However, we just sold our Catalina 42 and 7 people would be way to many. The cockpit would be jammed.

Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum