Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum
Return to Website

Sailonline Forum

Welcome to Sailonline.com! Feel free to write on any boating topic you like. The more you post, the more feedback you will get! To return to Sailonline.com, simply click on the logo.

Sailonline Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
CREWED CHARTERS AT BAREBOAT RATES

My wife and I have a 4 cabin 2006 Lagoon 440 "Sea Of Love" that is in bareboat charter in Tortola, BVIs. This is the link: http://www.catamarans.com/catamaranco/charter/bareboat/lagoon440_electric/index.asp?bhcp=1
While bareboat charters are handled by Catamaran Co We are running our own crewed charter program. Our services fall somewhere between bareboat with Capt and cook and crewed charters. The plus side is that we can offer these services at the bareboat rate. I am a licensed Capt and ASA sailing instructor. We have the following dates available in 2007: 5/6-11, 5/19-23, 6/2-7, 8/4-31, 10/1-12/15 for parties up to 8. Contact us for rates. Sweet dreams, Joe & Carol

Re: CREWED CHARTERS AT BAREBOAT RATES

Is your boat avalible Jan.26 2008 for 7 days?

Hi, I should have left better contact information...
I can be reached by email:

joe@sv-seaoflove.com

Yes Jan 26, 2008 is presently open. Please contact me by email for more details. I will be out on charter from the 20th till the 29th of this month. Please contact me before the 19th or I will not be able to respond untill the 1st of April. Thanks, Joe

Joe - Is this legal? In that you have BVI work Permits/Trade Licence? Just interested. Tony

Hi Tony,
Good question. I'm glad you brought it up. Your question makes all those thousands of dollars in fees, police reports, blood tests, injections and references, worth it.
Yes this is totally legit. I am a resident in Tortola and have a trade license to do captained charters on my boat.
Thanks for your inquiry,
Joe

and yes work permits as well.

I thought I might add this testimonial:

Dear Joe and Carol, My 2 week 'stint' on the The Sea of Love was more than I had expected. I had been on 2 other sail trips in the Atlantic and was just about to retire from my short lived sailing career. The boat had all the luxuries: private cabin and head, dining areas inside and out, lying over the netting while underway, and stepping off the boat down the back stairs into some of the most beautiful water, and seeing more and varied fish and wildlife than I had ever dreamed of. Of course the setting was unmatched too! Each mooring at nite was more beautiful than the nite before. Quaint little bars and eateries on the different islands. Most of all, the beautiful blue water and white sand beaches-- a different and more beautiful one each day! I hope to repeat this experience again and would recommend it to anyone seeking the 'classic topical paradise.' Dan Kelley,Chillicothe, Ohio

Good stuff, Joe - more power to your elbow!! Tony (and I'm glad you recognised it as a serious question - rather than some sort of snide carping - because of course there are insurance implications to name but a few of the problems in this sort of business!)

I thought I might post a testimonial from our March charter. These were three couples, all from Ottowa.
Joe,
We've had a great week aboard the Sea Of Love and feel lucky to have connected with you and had such a remarkable time! You were a great captain, but your local knowledge and experience has really made it special...we're happy you know all the best places to go and people to call! Thank you! Beth

Thank you so much, Donata & Vanessa

Thanks for letting me man the jib sheets and steer the boat, Steve

I learned a lot on the trrip, James

Thanks for such a memorable time in paradise, Simon

My son and I are seriously thinking about chartering a sailboat with a captain next June(2008). We've never sailed before but I would like my son to experience what it would be like. I know it's early to be planning such a trip but I was wondering if you are available.

Thanks
Dave

Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum