Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum
Return to Website

Sailonline Forum

Welcome to Sailonline.com! Feel free to write on any boating topic you like. The more you post, the more feedback you will get! To return to Sailonline.com, simply click on the logo.

Sailonline Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
anguilla passage

I have read on another board, that some charter companies are forbidding charterers using the passage, and require them to go around Mosquito Island. I have been sailing the ilanz for over 30 years, and have never asked permission to do so, and have never had a problem. We always have a spotter on the bow of the boat, and motor through. I have done so in monos, till cats became popular, and since then have used cats to negotiate the passage. It is not difficult if you pay attention to your business. The channel is fairly easy to see and I think carries about 6 feet. A monohull would have to be very careful, but a cat should be able to negotiate the passage with some care and spotters. What say you?

Re: anguilla passage

The Anquilla passage has always been considered a "red zone" by The Moorings. It is always mentioned at the chart briefings.

Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum