Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum
Return to Website

Sailonline Forum

Welcome to Sailonline.com! Feel free to write on any boating topic you like. The more you post, the more feedback you will get! To return to Sailonline.com, simply click on the logo.

Sailonline Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
provisioning in St. Thomas

Hi everyone,

We'll be chartering from CYOA in St. Thomas this summer. They offer a deluxe provisioning package, 7 brk/lunch and 4 dinner, and then a brk/lunch-only package. Both seem expensive but convenient. They also mention a store, Pueblo, just up the street if we choose to self-provision. Any suggestions from people who've been there about which route is best? We plan to eat more on board than on shore.

They also offer a liquor/wine list and the prices look OK. Any suggestions there?

Thanks!

Re: provisioning in St. Thomas

We chartered out of CYOA in June of 05. We provisioned out of Pueblo. Do not go after dark. The store is not in a great area. It will be fine during the day though. It is further than a short walk so you might want to walk there and catch a cab back. I am not sure about the liquor prices.

Thanks for the good advice, Charles.

CYOA is in Frenchtown just west of town. Further west of town is where the Pueblo grocery store is...a bit pathetic i.e. no AC except in fruit and veggies back room. But, they have lots of all the basics. There is also the Frenchtown deli, right next to John's place (which is CYOA) with lots of premade salads etc. Great bread too.
Yes, you will have to cab both ways as it is quite a ways off, regardless of time of day.
I know the provisioner for CYOA and she does a great job. That would be the best and easiest way to go.

Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum