Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum
Return to Website

Sailonline Forum

Welcome to Sailonline.com! Feel free to write on any boating topic you like. The more you post, the more feedback you will get! To return to Sailonline.com, simply click on the logo.

Sailonline Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mooring

A friend returned from BVI. Advised that some moorings had only a short stub out on top of ball for a pennant. Most had long pennants with eye on end to pass line through. How is mooring w. stub out snared? I'd like to know before going there soon and making a fool of myself.

Re: Mooring

I bypassed moorings with no pennants. Didn't consider snaring one without.

Re: Mooring

We used mostly Moor-secure moorings and found they were in good shape. Be wary of any worn or short pennants. I did an underwater inspection of one and found the line was worn from dragging on rock and was clearly getting no maintenance for $25 a night. We used our boat hook to grab the pennants, and we did miss more than once, but in a big cat, you can just spin around it .

Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum