Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum
Return to Website

Sailonline Forum

Welcome to Sailonline.com! Feel free to write on any boating topic you like. The more you post, the more feedback you will get! To return to Sailonline.com, simply click on the logo.

Sailonline Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
St Vincent/Grenadines or St Lucia/Martinique

I am planning a bareboat catamaran trip to either St Vincent and Grenadines or St. Lucia and Martinique. Can anyone provide information to help me decide which trip to take. What is the difference between the two locations.
Thank you.

Re: St Vincent/Grenadines or St Lucia/Martinique

Haven't been to St Lucia, but SVG is AWESOME. We have a trip report on www.hattendorfsailing.com

SVG definitely. We did a one-way from Martinique down and Martinique is OK, as is St. Lucia, but the Tobago Cays, Bequia, Mustique, much better IMHO. Also, the locals & boatboys in St. Lucia made me nervous. I'd be worried about safety there. Boaters have had problems and I'm in no hurry to go back there. Btw, the charter companies will tell you to skip St. Vincent altogether. Crime's awful there.

Actually Matt, there are significantly higher reports of crime in St Lucia (and St Thomas, and St Martin, and Trinidad) than on mainland St Vincent.

I do not mean to belittle crime in St Vincent as, like anywhere else, it does exist and when it's violent, then of course it attracts wide publicity.

But those who live here and visit regularly will also tell you that it's one of the safest and friendliest places in the Eastern Caribbean. My business partner lives on a hill-top with 4 houses and not one of them either has - or needs - a key to any of the doors

Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum