Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum
Return to Website

Sailonline Forum

Welcome to Sailonline.com! Feel free to write on any boating topic you like. The more you post, the more feedback you will get! To return to Sailonline.com, simply click on the logo.

Sailonline Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
St. Lucia to St. Vincent

Hello, maybe this is not the right place to post this question but my husband and I are coming to St. Lucia on February 1st (late afternoon). We planned originally to get to Grenada and then go to the Grenadines but there were no flights available so I picked St. Lucia.

Is anyone in that area at this time and (maybe Feb. 2nd) and goes to St. Vincent? We are looking for a ride

Or are there any ferries going that way? We really love to explore the Grenadines and like to stay for a while in Bequia. That was at least the original plan.

Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you so much!

Beate, Canada.

Re: St. Lucia to St. Vincent

Beate,

I have been in a similar situation and after doing some homework I ended up chartering a plane (5 people) from ST Lucia to St Vincent. The airline was SVG Air, thir site is www.svgair.com . I highly recommend these guys but you make your own decision about flying on a single engine plane!

I have also heard about Mustique Air but have not used them.

I heard that both companies do full-plane charters but they also do "shared charters" (sold by the seat) on certain days and tiems of the year.

I understand most folks going from US to charter a boat out of a charter base in the South coast of St Vincent (this excludes Moorings in CAnouan) use one of these outfits..

I suggest you check which of the two airports in St Lucia you are using. I know people who ended up in the wrong one!

Fair winds

Carlos
svlamorocha at gmail dot com

Try Liat Air
http://www.liatairline.com/

They seem to have regular flights

Carlos: actually SVG does not operate any single-engine planes - they are all twin-engine (AC 500's, C402's and BN2 Islanders). The aforementioned are twin-engine piston aircraft, whilst the Twin Otters that they operate on longer routes are twin-engined turbine aircraft.

Mike: Most of the current LIAT flights from St Lucia to St Vincent go via Barbados, meaning that what should be a 35-minute journey ends up taking 5 hours. There are a bunch of new flights listed on the LIAT web site but you will see "no seats available" written against many of these- that's because these are new flights to be operated by Carib Aviation under a code-sharing arrangement with LIAT, but the flights have not yet been inaugurated.

However, if you are able to get booked on the one flight that does go directly, then it will certainly be cheaper than chartering a plane.

Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum