Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum
Return to Website

Sailonline Forum

Welcome to Sailonline.com! Feel free to write on any boating topic you like. The more you post, the more feedback you will get! To return to Sailonline.com, simply click on the logo.

Sailonline Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Seeking a First Mate's Position w/ "Teaching Captain" on a sail boat

Hi,

I am Eric and I am looking for a first mate's position with a sailing captain who can teach me the skills of a captain from navigation, sailing to maintenance and safety.

I have sailed in the BVI with my parents for over 6 years usually twice a year for about 3 weeks. I graduate from high school in June of 2010 and will be 18.5 years old. I have lived overseas while attending boarding school in Switzerland so I know how to be away. I have traveled extensively and am respectful of different cultures. I am extremely hard working and physically strong, I do not use drugs or smoke cigarettes. I am told that I am a leader and I do what needs to be done without having to be asked. I am looking to spend a year working as a First Mate before heading off to college.

I am seeking a learning position with someone of character with a positive attitude. I will work for room and board and a reasonable wage in light of the training and experience. I come from a good home, my Mother is a medical doctor and my Dad is a marketing executive. I am well mannered and respectful but most important I am not afraid of hard work! I am a certified scuba diver so I can even clean the bottom of the boat.

I am resourceful and I don't need to be pampered. I took a survival course in the desert for almost two months this past summer and lived in the open without a tent and totally provided for myself and assumed a leadership position in the group in the most challenging of conditions.

I am seeking someone who can provide the experience and training in a positive, ethical and moral environment any where in the world.

If you are interested please respond and I can provide more information.

Thanks

Eric Larson

Sailonline will accept no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the opinions expressed in this forum