Welcome to the Caddo Connection

This forum was created to allow Caddo members to ask questions, network, and engage in general discussion regarding the Caddo Nation.

The forum administrator reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts and to ban abusers from this site.

Welcome to the Caddo Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chairman has no Power

The Chairman is the Executive Officer of the Caddo Nation. BUT Chairman has no real power to hire or to fire. That power is within the Council only. The Chairman only votes to break a tie...and that is regarding EVERY SINGLE VOTE BEFORE THE COUNCIL.

The chairman can make recommendations regarding personnel but the final decision to hire or fire is solely up to the Council. The Council also determines the rate of pay...NOT THE CHAIR. In other words, the Chairman did not hire her husband, THE COUNCIL DID and I believe that Laura Jarvis was on the council at the time this decision was made. Maybe even Reeder too. The Chairman may have fired the Business Manager, but the Council upheld that termination heard Noah's appeal and again upheld the termination.

The Chairman only votes to break a tie. Meaning that the chairman rarely votes on anything. Her main job is running the day to day activities of the government. If you have issues with the major decisions being made you need to check in with your council representatives, they are the only ones voting.

Re: Chairman has no Power

Oh, I disagree! The chairman has all of the imaginary power you all give her in order to do her bidding and help keep those paychecks rolling in. Also, as you will find out very soon, everyone who has blindly taken her word instead of asking questions or researching what she tells them, will owe money and possibly more while she STILL collects a check.

If she cannot hire or fire, why did she (on her own) fire 2 employees and then wait 3 months to hear the first one's appeal and almost a month to hear the other? What if the council did hire back these employees? At that point at least one of them would have been off work without a check for 3 months. Of course, the council that heard the appeal and confirmed the terminations was illegal and now liable for any damages caused by their actions. They were put on legal notice by the Vice Chairman back in July so any actions taken such as terminations, approving federal contracts, etc. leave them holding the bag and as illegal council, they are not bonded by the tribe like the Chairman. You should know all of this since you are the illegal business manager, oh that's right, you told some of the illegal council that the chairman doesn't tell or give you everything. Sounds familiar, the last legal business manager had that problem too. Take a look at the last audit report and see who is responsible for our findings. I bet she didn't give you or the illegal council a copy of that but we have it. The blame falls squarely on the chairman according to the auditor's report; that is why she all of a sudden doesn't like this new auditor!

On another topic, Ms. Business Manager, where is all of that money that AOA was supposed to have? Why did some people get left behind today while council paid for one of them to go? I see trouble in your future if your financial figures are off over $10K. Where did that imaginary money go?
All I can say is you all were warned and CHOSE not to listen. Get ready to pack it up.

Sadly, the employees and the tribe is having to pay for the ignorance that goes on at the hand of the Chairman and the ones who blindly follow her.

I am not the Business Manger or a Ms. and I don't know anything about the AOA, but I have read the consitution and the powers that are given to the chairman vs the powers given to the council and it clearly states that Council confirms all hiring and firings and that the chairman only votes in the case of tie.

But you are the same person who posted under "P" and "Belew 21" on the other topics because you have the same IP address on all three postings so please understand why your posting is questionable. Why the 3 different names?

Wow, this time you actually posted from work:

Geolocation Information
State/Region: Oklahoma
City: Binger
Latitude: 35.269
Longitude: -98.3763
Area Code: 405
Postal Code: 73009
Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education

Lewis Packard
I am not the Business Manger or a Ms. and I don't know anything about the AOA, but I have read the consitution and the powers that are given to the chairman vs the powers given to the council and it clearly states that Council confirms all hiring and firings and that the chairman only votes in the case of tie.

We know what the Constitution says regarding chairman/council powers and that is not the issue. Whoever told you about the terminations left out one important fact: the terminations were confirmed by an illegal council appointed at a meeting on 7/6 that was without quorum. According to the 7/6 minutes handed out to the membership on 7/21, there was only 3 council members present at that meeting: Edwards, Donaghey and Harjo. I know for a fact that Goodman and Threlkeld were not present for voting because they left with the rest of us and that was also noted in the minutes in question.

Every action taken on 7/6 to present is now illegal due to the lack of authorization. They can say the membership recognizes this or doesn't recognize that however, the membership's powers are delineated in the Constitution as well and overturning council decisions by a show of hands is not one of them - it has to be done by petition.

Also, I was on the council when the Chairman's husband was hired and I have no issue with that. I think what the people are trying to say is the Chairman has a lot more at stake by being removed than the rest of us because she gets a salary, two if you count her husband, and we don't.

If anyone has questions, you are more than welcome to email me at geminijen@aol.com.

But you are the same person who posted under "P" and "Belew 21" on the other topics because you have the same IP address on all three postings so please understand why your posting is questionable. Why the 3 different names?

Wow, this time you actually posted from work:

Geolocation Information
State/Region: Oklahoma
City: Binger
Latitude: 35.269
Longitude: -98.3763
Area Code: 405
Postal Code: 73009
Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education

The tribe's server is through OneNet and it's ran through the OK State Regents for Higher Education so that means someone was posting from the Caddo Nation during work hours. I thought all non-work related websites were blocked from employees.

Busted!

I told council many times, when I was heading their Gaming Commission and in the capacity of acting business administrator, that they were not adhering to their own Constitution and that they often over stepped their authority. I don't know or recall Mr. Packard, but he is correct in his assessment of the constitution.

I'll also say that of all Council, even though we didn't always agree, I found Mrs. Parker and Ms. Jarvis (ironically at odds) to be the most sincere with regard to what they thought was best for the tribe, and I found both wanted to adhere to the Constitution.

I made many friends at the tribe and I came to always hope for the tribe's welfare. I find it sad that these issues are still present.