Welcome to the Caddo Connection

This forum was created to allow Caddo members to ask questions, network, and engage in general discussion regarding the Caddo Nation.

The forum administrator reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts and to ban abusers from this site.

Welcome to the Caddo Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Familar Song & Dance....Same Players???

All this brickering surrounding the Council sound sickingly familair. It looks like the same issues that was troubling our Nation about 10 years ago.

At that time the Council split in two and as far as I can tell, the five people who split away did not accomplish anything postive or really pro-active. They accused the Chair of mis-management, yet they were not able to removed the Chair, or have the membership recall the Chair, or bring the Chair up on fraud charges with either the BIA or the Federal government. What they did do for sure was to take money from the Bank to pay themselves, they never cut a check for one actual Caddo Nation employee. They ask the BIA to take control and determined the path of our Nation by giving control of many of our programs to the BIA or Federal gov. This resulted in most of the nations employees (many who are Caddo) being layed off, becasue most of the program were soley funded by goverment agencies. The Council 5 knew this could happen and they gave back the programs anyway. They didn't seem to care about folks losing their jobs. These programs were slowing returned over the last few years, but all suffering major setbacks in growth plans.

Now it seems like it's all starting over again...and it appears that some of the people from back then are involved in this latest version of the dance.

Re: Familar Song & Dance....Same Players???

You are so correct! The same thing is happening this time as it did last time; under Parker, the BIA recognized the five (majority) council members and accepted their resolutions. They WOULD NOT accept the illegal appointees of the illegal council and sent Parker a letter stating so. The person who passed out the 7/6/12 council meeting minutes at the 7/21 membership meeting did us five legal council members a huge favor. You helped us showed that the chairman KNOWINGLY did NOT have a quorum to conduct business thus, all actions taken on 7/6 and forward are illegal. Let's review some of these actions that are null and void, shall we?

1. Hiring a "new business manager" (somebody will owe that salary back to the Caddo Nation)
2. Appointment of various board members (who all owe money now if they have been paid for meetings, mileage or anything related to the illegal composition of the board on which they purportedly sit).
3. All contracts are null and void - including Keystone and any 638's
4. All employee terminations and the subsequent confirmation by the illegal council are null and void (the illegal council is now liable for any damages caused by their actions).
5. Travel passed and paid for by the illegal council (that money is owed to the Caddo Nation)

and much, much more but do you know what isn't illegal? The chairman's salary that she continues to receive! You all will have to pay back your money and she won't! However, she is liable (as an individual) for acting outside the scope of her duties and tribal sovereignty so you all can sue her and recover some of your money as she is bonded for at least $1M. We have tried and tried to tell you all that we are legal and you chose to listen to this chairman who has something big at stake, PAYCHECKS. The one thing we did that she didn't is FOLLOW the CONSTITUTION.

You still doubt my words…then answer this: Why is the BIA interested in our programs and financials all of a sudden? If we five are illegal, under whose authority is the BIA acting on behalf? You cannot run a tribe and pass resolutions for federal funding with an illegal council, THAT IS FRAUD and that is what this chairman has done. To add insult to injury, she had the grand idea to have one of you pass out the 7/6 minutes at the last membership meeting which document how she defrauded the government. I would like to sincerely give my thanks to whoever pulled off this brilliant move; you're the reason why this is happening. You sure have the BIA's attention now![8-)

P
What they did do for sure was to take money from the Bank to pay themselves, they never cut a check for one actual Caddo Nation employee.

This statement is untrue; the employees continued to receive their paychecks and the legal council was paid for all of their duly called meetings that the former chairman refused to recognize (like now). This is the same position we are in today, the chairman tells us that she does not recognize us five and uses certain members of the membership to back her. If you will take a look into this, the ones who back her were recently appointed (illegally) to council and various boards. The membership has the right to choose their elected officials and they did in the 2009 and 2010 elections. A handful of the chairman's supporters have no right to railroad duly elected tribal officials through means that are not consistent with our Constitution and for the chairman to allow this is a violation of her Oath of Office.

The BIA has all of the evidence that we have submitted over the past 8 months and they will decide who is right and who is wrong. I will tell you this, if I was wrong and doing things against our Constitution, I would have bailed out of this fight a long time ago because the day will come where everyone will know the truth and there will be no egg on my face.

Firstly, am wondering if the "P", "Lewis Packard" and "curious" shouldn't be a "D" and secondly, seems strange that all of this knowledge "???" coming from "P, curious and Lewis Packard started August when (Texas moved to Oklahoma). Bickering is not spelled brickering and sickening is not spelled sickingly. Am a stickler for, and especially if a person is supposedly in a position that outs the Tribe, making sure their communication, orally or in writing shows some semblance of having it together.

And yes "P" believe you were also involved in the thing about 10 years ago, making that trip when needed by the Chair and thank heavens that LaRue Parker knew the difference between boastful and competent.

Now, do not believe the Council split in two, think it was a five (5) quorum and three (3). Chairman Parker appointed two illegal Council Members and the BIA repeatedly informed her of this and would take no action. Actually it was almost as blatant as this Chair, I say almost because Chairman Edwards has held illegal meetings, illegal recalls, illegal removals, illegal appointments and illegal hires and terminations. And to think she will have caused all those Caddo people to be indebted to the Caddo Nation. And they will be, each one who has met and collected money for that meeting or been paid for services they supposedly rendered. Rather sad I would say but they have been told repeatedly but the bucks look good. And the saddest part, the Chair continues to draw her salary whether she is there or not and continues to indebt those people who blindly follow her.

As far as the Council 5 taking money to pay only themselves, "never cut a check for one actual Caddo Nation employee", gotta say that doesn't say too much for your savvy of what really went on. And, you're trying to inform us????????

I would say you need to know what you are talking about before you start making statements like that. You are making us look like "the blind following the blind".

"and it appears that some fo the people from back then are involved in this latest version of the dance". Hello, here you are again............

P
All this brickering surrounding the Council sound sickingly familair. It looks like the same issues that was troubling our Nation about 10 years ago.

At that time the Council split in two and as far as I can tell, the five people who split away did not accomplish anything postive or really pro-active. They accused the Chair of mis-management, yet they were not able to removed the Chair, or have the membership recall the Chair, or bring the Chair up on fraud charges with either the BIA or the Federal government. What they did do for sure was to take money from the Bank to pay themselves, they never cut a check for one actual Caddo Nation employee. They ask the BIA to take control and determined the path of our Nation by giving control of many of our programs to the BIA or Federal gov. This resulted in most of the nations employees (many who are Caddo) being layed off, becasue most of the program were soley funded by goverment agencies. The Council 5 knew this could happen and they gave back the programs anyway. They didn't seem to care about folks losing their jobs. These programs were slowing returned over the last few years, but all suffering major setbacks in growth plans.

Now it seems like it's all starting over again...and it appears that some of the people from back then are involved in this latest version of the dance.

For the record, I would NEVER EVER post anything on a public format without my name. That's my own personal integrity. I did not post this, nor would I.
Please note the "email" on this post is "Burrows" and it is interesting that someone tried to attribute this to me. Folks who are delibrately misleading can loose track of their lies.

-Tracy Newkumet Burrows