Welcome to the Caddo Connection

This forum was created to allow Caddo members to ask questions, network, and engage in general discussion regarding the Caddo Nation.

The forum administrator reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts and to ban abusers from this site.

Welcome to the Caddo Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Chairman is getting a raise?

How can we afford to dish out raises when we have over $100K in legal bills or have they been paid out of motor fuel monies? I hope not because that money is not there for council blunders, it’s there for services to the Caddo people. I can understand employees getting cost of living raises but the Chairman is a board member. So does that mean all of the boards get a raise too? Doesn't the membership have to approve that?

I have minutes from a membership meeting earlier this year where the current business manager told the membership that the council meetings were costing the tribe too much money. The membership chastised the council and accused them of only meeting to get paid and they directed the council to only meet once per month. Since July 2012, and under the "management” of this concerned business manager, the council has met approximately 9 times! Actually, 4 or 5 of the tribal members who were chastising the council for meeting too much were recently appointed to boards, including one on council and they are meeting right along with them. Can you say hypocrite?

Not to forget, all of these actions are questionable because the people doing all of this are reportedly not legal council members. I heard there was a letter received last week from the BIA telling the Chairman that they are getting ready to audit all of our federal programs on 10-22-12 and they requested the attendance of all 8 council members by name. That would be Edwards, Goodman, Reeder, Jarvis, Donaghey, Threlkeld, Harjo and Keller. So, that’s a good indication of where this is going and there may be something to what LEGAL tribal council is saying in their postings on this board. I heard the Chairman is going to get another letter from the BIA pretty soon that will probably make her go hide in her office for another week. If the BIA recognizes these council members, doesn’t that mean the 2 appointed in July don’t have any authority?

Re: The Chairman is getting a raise?

I wonder if they paid for all the raises with the museum budget? Since they illegally closed the museum, and illegally fired the Director. They never contacted the Board of Trustees...Not once. Buuut, everyone got a raise at the cost of their culture.