Welcome to the Caddo Connection

This forum was created to allow Caddo members to ask questions, network, and engage in general discussion regarding the Caddo Nation.

The forum administrator reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts and to ban abusers from this site.

Welcome to the Caddo Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CFR Court

Was very, very surprised who the illegal Council person, Carla Guy had for her attorney today in CFR Court. Does anyone remember Jeremy Oliver, the attorney that the Chair and her Council hired. That was her attorney. Assume it was a terribly embarassing time, I guess, for Carla and her followers, the illegal election board members, Marie Nestell, Jennifer Wilson and Wildena Moffer.

The Judge had to set another date for this hearing. Don't know who is paying him, hopefully the Chair and guess her co-signer, Elouise Harjo will not be signing a check for him based on his recent problems. Besides, the Tribe does not and cannot pay for an individual persons attorney. That would be very much a no, no.

Also hear they interviewed a person or persons for the Compliance Officer, one of those people worked for the BIA and had problems there. That to would be a no, no hire. Believe this person was possibly forced to resign early. Elouise Harjo would know that, she also worked at the Agency. Do believe, regardless of what some others think, this old gal, (myself) has never and will never sell myself out just to make myself one of the in crowd and to feel like "look at me, I am important". NOT.... Those names will follow you to the grave. You think.....

Re: CFR Court

What! You mean were not in the "in" crowd???

This is one of those times where I'm happy to not be with the "in" crowd, especailly if you can sit there and knowingly support an illegal council member with a very questionable (read the papers people!) attorney. If the (illegal) tribal council fired him weeks ago, why is he in CFR court representing the (illegal) treasurer? It sounds like he is still representing the Caddo Nation.

All it took was one phone call and they slapped the handcuffs on him in CFR court yesterday - embarassing. Apparently he didn't think that reactivated warrant meant anything. Even if he wasn't taken into custody...getting hemmed up in front of a full court room of people is going to be very memorable.

Now, send me another Cease and Desist letter, Mr. Oliver.

I heard that Judge Lujan agreed with Kelin's attorney and dismissed this case from tribal court on 4/16 so it could be heard in state court. Can someone confirm this?

I looked it up on the OCIS case search and it says "MOTION TO QUASH SERVICE AND DISMISS FOR LACK OF JURISDICTION - PROCEEDING STAYED 30 DAYS PENDING TRIBAL DECISION. MOTION TO DISMISS DENIED."

So, it appears this case will be heard by the state court now, unless I was misinformed.

Yes, was there. Judge Lujan basically stated, if I understood right, am assuming based a lot on the emails out of OU, this should be in State Court. Also, guess supporting Carla, was her mom, her sister, Ruby Cozad, Marie Nestell, Connie Carey, Wildena Moffer, Joyce (whatever), Ann's sister. Think that was all. However, looked as if the Judge was saying, no, belongs in State court.