Welcome to the Caddo Connection

This forum was created to allow Caddo members to ask questions, network, and engage in general discussion regarding the Caddo Nation.

The forum administrator reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts and to ban abusers from this site.

Welcome to the Caddo Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Anadarko Daily News - Carla Guy

Thought the world would like to see the ELECT CARLA GUY Caddo Nation Treasurer thing in the Anadarko Daily News - June 28, 2013:

Also thought some of you would like to ask some questions or make comments. This is it, word for word:

My name is Carla Guy and I am running for the position of Treasurer for the Caddo Nation Tribal Council. I was born I in Woodward, OK to Albert "Eco" Guy and Margaret Thomas Guy. I was raised in Moore, and graduated from Moore High School. My grandparents were William Harjo Guy and Jennie Arnold Guy and my great Grandfather was Ponjo Guy.

I graduated from St. Thomas University with a Bachelor's degree in Sports Administration. I was a Teacher/Athletic Director and Coach for many years in Florida before moving back to Oklahoma City in 2000. Upon my return to Oklahoma, I served as the Director of the Ione Branch of the YWCA before moving into Student Programming for Native students. Currently, I am the Community Outreach Coordinator for the American Indian Diabetes Prevention Center at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.

I am currently serving as Treasurer of the Caddo Nation and am the former Chairman of the Election Board. Other activities include serving as President of the Metro Caddo Cultural Club, which sponsors the annual Caddo Festival at the Oklahoma History Center, standing committee member of the University of Oklahoma health Sciences Center's Grievance committee and former Senator of the University's State Senate. I volunteer with a local dog rescue and have a four legged mini Dachshund daughter named Rudy Bobbie.

I believe in a transparent Tribal Council and will always speak up on issues that I feel will bring harm to the Caddo Nation and its members, as evident with the TOS business venture. Serving on this Council has been a challenging and rewarding experience. If elected, I will continue to vote for things that are in the best interest of the Caddo people and we will continue to more forward with positive changes for our Nation

VOTE CARLA GUY ON JULY 13, 2013

Re: The Anadarko Daily News - Carla Guy

Don't think I will reply to this right now, except to say , you gotta be kidding if you think you have ever been legally on the Council as Treasurer.

Based on the TOS thing, and don't believe it has gone away, background work, don't believe I would do any bragging about getting rid of TOS. Bad, bad move. And cannot take it back!!!!! It is out there. Would also say think you are also lucky to still be working for OU, utilizing their property, name, etc., on all your emails going out on TOS.

More later.