Welcome to the Caddo Connection

This forum was created to allow Caddo members to ask questions, network, and engage in general discussion regarding the Caddo Nation.

The forum administrator reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts and to ban abusers from this site.

Welcome to the Caddo Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
election results

I have a question about the election results. Normally, the breakdown of votes are posted on the door. But this time it wasn't. Where can I find out how many absentee ballots were voted and for which candidate? And the breakdown by precinct?

Re: election results

Tracy this is the craziest election that has been held since I have been involved in the tribe. I have been involved since before those buildings at the complex existed. We met in the Community House. As far as I know the results have only been posted on the door at the Complex. do not know if they were posted at the polling places where they were suppose to be posted, by precinct, absentee ballots, totals, etc.

The Monday following the closing of filing this Election Board was suppose to post "all" names that filed for office at the Binger, OKC, Anadarko and Ft Cobb voting Districts. Those names were never posted. Instead, the Election Board and am assuming the Chair and crew made that decision. Jennifer was not allowed to run for office even though until the swearing in, "we" the eight (8) are still on the Council and the Vice-Chairman and Secretary positions were not open until July 2014. That is unless either position were "legally" recalled or removed and we both know that didn't happen. Marilyn was not allowed to run, same for Teresa Keller. These decisions were made by the Chair and crew and the Election Board.

It seems this was the best way for the Chair to stay in office, less "smart" competition. Then, here we come with the Absentee Ballots. Running over. Sad situation but sadder that we have, in our Tribe, individuals who seem to be ready to sell the Caddo Tribe out, take it down further than it is, ALL FOR THE ALMIGHTY DOLLER. Very Sad. As they say "KARMA" It happens.

Re: election results

Also heard one of the poll watchers at the OKC District voting place was an attorney. Anyone know if this is true and was he paid by the Election Board or the Caddo Nation, if he was paid. AND, if he wasn't paid what was he doing there. Anyone?? Was he asked to be there or did he volunteer and if so there had to be some communication between the attorney and the Election Board and possibly Brenda and crew. Is this man an attorney, if he is an attorney, the Caddo Nation has used in the past? Is he an attorney the Chair has on retainer? Anyone????