Welcome to the Caddo Connection

This forum was created to allow Caddo members to ask questions, network, and engage in general discussion regarding the Caddo Nation.

The forum administrator reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts and to ban abusers from this site.

Welcome to the Caddo Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Election

Am assuming most of you out there are aware that the Election Board has put out the word that Filing For Office will start tomorrow, April 20, 2009. The Election Ordinance states "Persons desiring to become candidates shall file a statement to that effect curing a period beginning approximately 60 days prior to the election." April 20, 2009 filing period is 82 days before the election.

I spoke to the Council about this and to Ms. Benetiz stating this is too long a period of time. Most Caddo people expect it to be in the 60 day range and probably had not thought that much about it.

Ms. Benetiz stated over and over that is a 60 day range, her Board (Election Board Members) went over it and over it and it "was" 60 days. Anyone out there want to figure from April 20, 2009 to July 11, 2009.

Re: Election

No surprise here, they are the ones who are already violating the Constitution by adding that proposition. Question I have is, where do we go to file suit against the election board, they have already shown they can not make a good decision or right decision . All that proposition does is pay someone. NEVER NEVER in the history of elections has person been paid a salary for Chairman of the election board on a day to day basis, NO wonder we don't have any money , well we do, its ust wasted.

Re: Election

Does anyone know who has filed for office this week?

This is what I've heard:

Chairman
Kenny Poindexter
Brenda Edwards
Bobby Gonzales

Vice-Chairman
Ann Donaghey

Treasurer
Guyneth (?)

Fort Cobb
Joyce Hinse

Oklahoma City