Welcome to the Caddo Connection

This forum was created to allow Caddo members to ask questions, network, and engage in general discussion regarding the Caddo Nation.

The forum administrator reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts and to ban abusers from this site.

Welcome to the Caddo Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Debate on line # 2

These are the things that I would like to know about each candidate -

Who are your original allotee grandparents? (Meaning who is your family?)

What is your background? What education do you have? What experence do you have in supervising people? What experence do you have in overseeing grants and contracts? What experience do you have in accounting? Can you read a spread sheetf? Do you know how to make and read a budget?

What do you intend to do for us - the tribal members?
Why should I vote for you?

What is your opinion regarding education for tribal members? Is it important for members to know things about our past history? What makes a person a Caddo?

How much Indian actually makes a person an Indian? Are we becoming "washed out"?

Can you still be Caddo if you are only 1/16 Caddo or less than half?

What services should be available to all members of the tribe - even those living in other states?
Do you plan to serve all Caddo people - even those in other states or towns?

How much information should Caddo people receive as being their business to know regarding the running of the tribe? Do we need to see financial statements each month? Or just what can be done for the individual? Is it our business to know who is being hired and what their qualifications are for each job?

What do you think about transfering funds, received for a special project, into another program's account to suppliment that program's unmet needs - like payroll for example? Is it OK with you?

Have you read the Caddo Constitution and other governing documents? You are required, if elected, to take an oath to follow our Constitution - are you really willing to do that?

What things do you think are grounds for removing or recalling a member of the tribal council?

Should a council member be recalled if they do something that embarasses the tribe - but is not listed as grounds for recall?

Should a council member be recalled for missing meetings if that member is seeing about the needs of a family member who is hospitalized in intensive care?

Should a council member be removed for signing checks presented as being necessary for the running of the tribe?

Should non-tribal members be hired for positions - rather than tribal members?

Who should be responsible for maintaining tribal property? Who should have keys to tribal offices?

Who should be check signers?

What does nepotisim mean to you?

Have you ever worked for the Caddo Nation or another tribe? Did you do a good job?

Should Department heads be required to attend Membership Meetings and give reports to the people--- as well as answer questions from the people?

These are some of the things that I would like answered by each candidate. I am sure that each of you also have questions.

I do not think that a person should be "bashed" for answering. I believe that a person willing to hold office should also be willing to be responsible to the people and they should be willing to answer questions BEFORE being elected.