Welcome to the Caddo Connection

This forum was created to allow Caddo members to ask questions, network, and engage in general discussion regarding the Caddo Nation.

The forum administrator reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts and to ban abusers from this site.

Welcome to the Caddo Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Head Start

Can anyone understand what has happened to the Head Start program. I have or had a grandchild attend but he is now going elsewhere. Staff is always fighting, and whoever the director is is simply not doing her job. To speak with employees, they simply say, We are treated like crap, and no one is doing a darn thing.
How can a once stand out program be in shambles now. From what I am told, there are two people causing the trouble. One is the director, and the other is I guess her second in command, and when they decide to get mad at one of the employees- well, life is miserable for that employee until they convince the higher up to fire them.
I guarantee when DC people find out how bad is really is we will be in big troube. I mean really, when my grandson came home, and i would ask what he learned today, and all he can say was " So and so is mad at so and so, they were yelling like mommy and daddy, well his parents are no longer together so that tells me, it must be bad there.

Re: Head Start

I was told the parent policy people recommended firing someone and the Caddo Business guy said no. He should be fired if he won't do what is recommended.

Re: Head Start

Why does the business manager have that much power over the council,are they not capable of handling business without him.
From what I understand, he hires, fires, and does whatever the heck he wants to . He is also putting people in positions of which they are not qualified. I spoke with an employee of the tribe, and she said, he simply does what he wants. When the business manager hires someone the council should be able to interview the potential employee or in one case an employee who is transferred from one place to the other Regardless of what the personal policy states, the only ones who can hire is the council. And, the business manager can fire with the concurrence of the chairman, and subsequently the council.
I thought we would be doing better without Parker in there but it appears we are still in the same boat. COUNCIL-take control of the tribe and its programs, employees and business. The business manager only has as much authority can you give him. He can do nothing without your approval.
If parent policy recommends you fire someone, then you fire someone.
Simple, and for goodness sake, look at your employees he has shifted from one to another, if you have not hired them by a vote of the council then they are not legally hired.