Welcome to the Caddo Connection

This forum was created to allow Caddo members to ask questions, network, and engage in general discussion regarding the Caddo Nation.

The forum administrator reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts and to ban abusers from this site.

Welcome to the Caddo Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
housing

I was reading a local newspaper and the Wichita Housing program has applied for and received a grant to build houses, fix up houses and to build a swimming pool for one of their communities. Can anyone tell me what our housing program is doing besides receiving a paycheck. I mean they made sure they each received a raise but what have they done
For far too long we have sit back and let them do what they want its time we take our tribe back over, and get rid of those employees they are there to simply get paid. We have ten years of nothing, lets stop settling for what they do. Housing is a joke, I just don't understand why every other housing program is building, and buying and ours is doing a BIG FAT NOTHING

Re: housing

Been hearing some things about housing, and wonder if anyone can update us on this topic.

Re: housing

These days, the housing program is outstanding under the direction of Luke Toyebo. The Caddos bought a small apartment complex in Anadarko for elder housing, buys nice homes for Caddo tribal members under the Affordable Home Ownership Program, and has the $ to make major and minor housing repairs to more people due to the extension of the service area.

We now have a very small group of people trying to tear down the housing program because a family member didn't get this or that. Or, they don't like the quality of work all of a sudden when it's convenient. When has our housing program ever been as good as it is now?

The small, self-serving group of Caddo members continues to ruin things for us all. We need a LEADER to speak up for the rest of us and stop these people, not make them your allies because they have threatened to recall you if you don't "straighten up." There's a lot more people on the other side that can recall any one of the council at anytime, that's who you were put in office to serve - THE PEOPLE, not just the small local group.