Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Key Scene??

He's one of the best and clearly isn't in it for the money but the varied work he can get. (and let's face it, he is the entire POTC franchise, imho.)

I've been converted ever since "Ed Wood". Have you seen that Melody? Wonderful film and a very nice performance from Martin Landau as well.

Depp/Ed Wood

I'm trying to recall--I don't think so--need to check that.

I like Depp in another one where he plays a gypsy and Christina Ricci is searching for her father after having to leave Russia, ending up in England then in Paris and finally finding her father in Hollywood with a whole new life and family. Johnny does a fine job as the gypsy horseman.

MV

Ed Wood is awesome

I love Depp's accent in that movie, "Come on guys, get yourself a cup of joe!"

HA! Best scene ever is when the studio guys are previewing that one movie where Ed spliced a buffalo stampede over the Bela footage. HA! It's so stupid and doesn't make sense. And Bela is laughing like a goon. I laugh at that every time!

Re: Ed Wood is awesome

Have to see this again--long overdue for a another viewing---the buffalo stampede scene alone, that you mention :-). Arguably, Depp's best performance. Gets very moving as well, towards the end with the Lagosi dying, etc.

Re: Re: Ed Wood is awesome

There's some kind of retirement home for old stars...I remember hearing about it. It might be the Lillian Booth Actor's Home. I just remember thinking it was interesting...actors need retirement care, too. Bela was one of them that needed a place like this.

Re: Re: Re: Ed Wood is awesome

It really was tragic how he ended up. so undeserved. Ed Wood was a big help, no doubt.

Don't they have a more secure program and/or retirement homes for actors nowadays (think they do, at least)?

j.