Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Depp/Ed Wood

I'm trying to recall--I don't think so--need to check that.

I like Depp in another one where he plays a gypsy and Christina Ricci is searching for her father after having to leave Russia, ending up in England then in Paris and finally finding her father in Hollywood with a whole new life and family. Johnny does a fine job as the gypsy horseman.

MV

Ed Wood is awesome

I love Depp's accent in that movie, "Come on guys, get yourself a cup of joe!"

HA! Best scene ever is when the studio guys are previewing that one movie where Ed spliced a buffalo stampede over the Bela footage. HA! It's so stupid and doesn't make sense. And Bela is laughing like a goon. I laugh at that every time!

Re: Ed Wood is awesome

Have to see this again--long overdue for a another viewing---the buffalo stampede scene alone, that you mention :-). Arguably, Depp's best performance. Gets very moving as well, towards the end with the Lagosi dying, etc.

Re: Re: Ed Wood is awesome

There's some kind of retirement home for old stars...I remember hearing about it. It might be the Lillian Booth Actor's Home. I just remember thinking it was interesting...actors need retirement care, too. Bela was one of them that needed a place like this.

Re: Re: Re: Ed Wood is awesome

It really was tragic how he ended up. so undeserved. Ed Wood was a big help, no doubt.

Don't they have a more secure program and/or retirement homes for actors nowadays (think they do, at least)?

j.