Return to Website

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Spanish Articles Page 4

Are you kiddin' :-)?!?!?!? Take over the board---take it all by all means (not that you're doing that in any case :-)!!

This is amazing (!) Peachtree--sheesh, the work you're doing!!

Insteresting about the "double". They found one eventually, if memory serves. (There might be a picture of him in one of the newspaper articles (in the Articles section) but I can't for the life of me remember.

As for Lollobrigida being at the hotel, yes that might very well be a mixup as I thought she was on the set that day and indeed, I thought they used her car to get him to the hospital.

Fascinating, too about GL having candles lit in her hotel room for TP.

Re: Re: Spanish Articles Page 4

If GL was the typical Roman Catholic, it's not very unusual to do that. We Catholics are always lighting candles at home as well as church. :)

My grandmother had a candle burning on her vanity and one of my mother's baby brothers was very captured by the flickering light. He tried to climb up to it and somehow the candle fell over, and a fire started. He died from asphexiation.

But it was a very nice gesture for Gina to do that.

So sad, especially when one thinks that the doctor checked Ty--was it the day before??--and noticed that the EKG was off. He wanted to repeat the test but Ty said if there was anything wrong, he didn't want to know. Maybe this could have been thwarted and at least he would have completed the movie and maybe even saw the son he long waited for.

Makes you wonder if Ty was living in today's environment, would he still be smoking 4 packs a day?

Re: Re: Re: Spanish Articles Page 4

One of my other favorite actors, Conrad Veidt, was also a victim of the evil nicotine at a young age. :( Like Ty, he was a very heavy smoker, and died in 1943 at age 50 on the golf course, leaving behind a loving wife (wife no. 3 but this is the marriage that took) and a young daughter.

I believe I read that Ty had been experiencing arm and shoulder pain for several days, but thought it might be tendonitis or something like that. It's all so sad. ;(

Well, the next batch of articles appears to be Mexican in origin from when Abandon Ship opened in theaters there. A more cheerful topic! ;)

Re: Re: Re: Spanish Articles Page 4

I thought he had that EKG a year before and, yes, as you say he didn't want to know? Might have made a difference, might have not, who knows. Can't help but think that it certainly would have helped matters, however!

Re: Spanish Articles Page 4

yes it's Susan Hayward.