The Tyrone Power Discussion Board

The Tyrone Power Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Secured a 16:9 UNTAMED!!!

I just asked Adam for a copy.

Hopefully Murphy's Law will come into effect and as soon as I finish watching it Fox will announce that longed for third Tyrone Power box set, to include Untamed. :)

The one I REALLY want in widescreen though is King of the Khyber Rifles. :)

Peachtreegal
The one I REALLY want in widescreen though is King of the Khyber Rifles. :)
My copy was sourced in the States, so I 'believe' it is NTSC. Both discs on their way soon!

(How easy was that???)

Peachtreegal, if you want a dvd copy of "Abandon Ship" as well, let me know and I'd be happy to send one your was also.

joanne

I don't need a copy of Abandon Ship -- I have the VHS tape plus it's now on my DVR. I can make myself a DVD if I want.

Alas, TCM ran a cropped print, with the "this film has been modified from its original version. It has been modified to fit your screen" disclaimer.

I suspect they just have a video master made for TV, not an actual print.

Peachtreegal
Alas, TCM ran a cropped print...
"Alas, poor Tyrone!" A-waaaaaah!!!

I sent TCM an e-mail thanking them for their broadcast of Abandon Ship but also pointing out it was a cropped 4:3 version. I also asked them to locate a version in the original 1:85 aspect ratio and to air that sometime.

I suspect my message will be filed somewhere without response, but you never know. :)

I couldn't believe when I saw those "..film has been modified.." words before the film started, yes. You just want to bang your head against a wall! AND TCM of all places! I thought we'd be home free with this one.

That's great that you e-mailed TCM Peachtree. I'm just too lazy to be honest, so it's great that you took the time to send them a note (like you say, don't count on an answer, though).

Adam I'll e-mail you soon on the exchange.

I've never seen this film before, so it will be nice just to be able to see it, but I agree with all of you that TCM should have done the best thing to have it in full screen view.

On another matter, I liked the old format better--what did Bravenet do????

I'll send you a copy Melody :-).

Yeah, Bravenet changed the format a bit. Actually, one change that is pretty good is that you can alter (add/delete) your message within an hour of posting it.