Welcome to the Caddo Connection

This forum was created to allow Caddo members to ask questions, network, and engage in general discussion regarding the Caddo Nation.

The forum administrator reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts and to ban abusers from this site.

Welcome to the Caddo Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Recall Petiton on the Chairman

Did anyone know that there was a recall petition turned in on the Chairman back in May and she locked it in a safe so it couldn't be heard?

Re: Recall Petiton on the Chairman

Heard it went into the safe and she wouldn't allow the Secretary to validate the signatures on it. Not gonna turn loose of that money that easily.

I heard that she wouldn't allow the Secretary to see, but she had no problem giving a directive to security to let two council members see it (I wonder which two members it was?). She must think that just because she wasn't in the same room with it (Which I don't believe) that she didn't violate the Constitution AGAIN! Also, heard that when she was confronted by one of the petition carriers that she was extremely adamant about her not being present when the petition was submitted to the Business Office. Hmm..why was the Office Manager let go again?

It's also been mentioned to me in conversations that several of the Chairwoman's conversations have been recorded. It's very odd how what she tells the membership publicly is a contradiction to what she tells people one on one.

Does anyone else know of another ""Tribal Leader"" that has to have someone instruct her on how to do her job? I'm embarrassed for her. By the way it still hasn't helped...kudos pal!

I heard the Business Manager was let go because she involved herself in tribal politics during business hours. Guess employees can only do that after hours and on weekends. Also heard the Council will have to confirm the firing so she may not be gone for good. If I was that peitition carrier I would be calling the headquarters to find out whats going on with my peitition.

I can tell you what happened to the petition, it was against the Chairwoman plain and simple. There's a special place in HELL for people who KNOWINGLY sell out their tribe for reasons other than for its sustainability and welfare of it's people. I wish more people would ask themselves "how are my choices going to better the people of the Caddo Nation?", instead of "how am I going to personally gain from my actions?" Unfortunately,it seems selfishness instead of servitude has become our traditions and accepted way of life.

You are right on all accounts...there was a petition turned in to the Tribal Office against the Chairman back in May 2012 and the VChair asked the former Business Manager to stamp it in and under the watchful eye of Caddo security it was placed in the tribal safe until it could be validated. The VChair had his atty write a letter on behalf of the tribal office to notify the Chairman of the petition. He directed the Business Manager to sign and deliver the letter on behalf of the tribal office; she complied and was fired the next day by the chairman for "getting involved in politics." It's funny how she wasn't fired or written up for accepting my petition and sending my petition letter back in Nov. 2011 and the Executive Secretary was not fired or disciplined for accepting the VChair's petition and sending his letter back in Feb. 2012.

Upon notification of the petition, the Council Secretary (me) requested the records from the EB and never got a response, the VChair requested the records from the EB and was told they didn't believe the petition was done right - not their call. The petition carriers met with the Chairman in June to see why nothing has been done, she blamed the VChair. The petition carriers asked why she had security remove the petition out of the safe for other council to look at, she first denied it, then admitted it. We ALL knew it was removed from the safe because we rec'd calls from employees letting us know immediately after it happened - even the employees know the chairman's actions are wrong. People's rights have been violated and the Chairman is the only person who benefits from all of the infighting...she and her hubby continue to make good money as long as everyone keeps her in office. Too bad her run is about to end within the next couple of weeks.

Stay tuned, the reign of terror is almost over and maybe we can pick up the pieces and get things back on track.