Welcome to the Caddo Connection

This forum was created to allow Caddo members to ask questions, network, and engage in general discussion regarding the Caddo Nation.

The forum administrator reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts and to ban abusers from this site.

Welcome to the Caddo Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Candidates

Has anyone heard of who is running for office? This is the unofficial list that I have gathered.

Chairman - Brenda Edwards, Kenny Poindexter, Dale Butler, Anthony Cotter, Marilyn Threlkeld

Vice Chairman - ?

Treasurer - Delita Butler

Secretary - Jennifer Reeder

Oklahoma City - Teresa Keller

Binger - Christine Noah

If you know something, please chime in.

Re: Candidates

Here are the official candidates per the Caddo Nation website:

The Caddo Nation Election Board announces the list of eligible candidates for the Caddo Nation General Election on July 13, 2013.

Eligible candidates are as follows:

Chairperson:
Brenda Shemayme Edwards, Weatherford, OK
Anthony J. Cotter, Chickasha, OK
Kenny Lyle Poindexter, Oklahoma City, OK
Dale K. Butler, Verden, OK

Vice-Chairperson:
Phillip M. Smith, Anadarko, OK

Secretary:
Wildena F. Guy Moffer, Anadarko, OK

Treasurer:
Carla Guy, Oklahoma City
Delita Butler, Anadarko, OK

Binger Representative:
Bonnie C. Noah, Binger, OK

There are no candidates for the offices of Oklahoma City Representative and Hearing Board (5).

Would like to inform the Election Board, never, never, never has an election been run this way. Never, never has the Caddo people not known who was running until weeks have passed. Am gonna say all three, including Jennifer Reeder, Charlotte Bentley and Carol Edge Swindell been election board members before and should have known the list of persons who filed was put on the Binger polling place, the Fort Cobb polling place, the Anadarko polling place and the Oklahoma polling place the Monday following the filing.

While the Constitution and Election Ordinance state the Election Boards decision will be final, it does not in any sense of the word state "you can do your own thing"

Would like to ask Wildena this. When we met at the Binger Y for your "party" and you stated Brenda did not charge you, was this to try to bring this tribe together, do things right or "run back with it all to Brenda". Think it was the latter. Why has everyone else been charged for the building and not you. Did you once again do your Chairs bidding? Know, one day you will answer for all this.

One other thing, neither the Vice-Chairman or the Secretary are open for election. Those terms expire in 2014. Same on you Wildena. Do not ever, ever come up to me again. I take being a Caddo seriously. It is not a game playing thing. Believe your Chair is simply holding on to her and her husband's salary and you believe that is okay. You are not the Wildena that I once, or thought, you were.

Do know there are always politics in a tribe, this is not politics, this is trashing. So very, very sad for the Caddo people and the tribe as a whole.

Just noticed I said, in my posting, Jennifer Reeder, mistake, big mistake, I meant Jennifer Wilson. Jennifer Reeder is one of those this election Board Jennifer Wilson, Charlotte Bentley and Carol Edge Swindell are trying to keep from running for office with a "you were recalled so you can't run thing".

MUST FOLLOW THE CONSTITUTION - RECALL STATES "UPON VALID PETITION CHAIRMAN SHALL CALL "WITHIN" 15 DAYS A RECALL MEETING. Those of you who were at this meeting and most if not all of you election Board were there, this meeting was called by the Chair sixty-eight (68) days after the petition was "finally" declared "valid" by the Chair to hold it. HAS SHE READ THE CONSTITUTION???? Or does it matter, and if not, obviously her followers feel the same way.

Wrong, firstly there are only TWO REASONS you can't run for office according to the Constitution and Bylaws and the Election Ordinance (1) Indebted to the Caddo Tribe for over two years and (2) convicted of a felony in the last two years.

And oh yes, anyone with any Caddo in them and who has read the Constitution and Bylaws and Election Ordinance knows, any Ordinance or document passed must "strictly adhere to what the Constitution says" cannot be avoided, trashed, not read, etc., must follow the Constitution and Bylaws!!

You know this will follow you forever and beyond. Wonder how our parents and grandparents, etc., will feel about this, again, does it matter. This is only a tribe and heaven knows the Chair needs her salary and "we" need our $100 a meeting. Sad situation...

Look in the mirror guys. Believe this would also fall onto Wildena's lap.. Are Brenda, Carla, Diana and the almighty dollar worth that much???

Enough said, was just gonna correct the Jennifer Reeder - Jennifer Wilson thing.