Welcome to the Caddo Connection

This forum was created to allow Caddo members to ask questions, network, and engage in general discussion regarding the Caddo Nation.

The forum administrator reserves the right to delete inappropriate posts and to ban abusers from this site.

Welcome to the Caddo Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Will Wonders Never Cease

Could not believe I'm setting at home, the telephone rings and it is one of those "Auto Dialer" calls from Brenda Edwards asking for my vote. Believe she did this the last time she ran, think, or at least heard that Rick Grellner helped her set it up.

Also seen in the newspaper where there is requests for Bids on a Storm Shelter Project. This I do know wasn't her idea, this has been Polly's project for quite some time. However, it isn't until Election Time that she jumps in on it. Who wants to bet this will not turn into an actuality? She, to this point has done absolutely nothing but draw her pay. NOTHING!!!
Wake up people or you won't have a tribe left.

And am assuming she is using the list that Gina Sage, her Admin. Asst., got from the Election Board to get the names, addresses and telephone numbers to call. Election Board Members, though not legally, Jennifer Wilson, Charlotte Bentley and Carol Edge Swindell, how do you guys live with yourselves after doing this? If you were going to give she and Gina a list, why did you not give to the other candidates? Do not believe Carol has been confirmed by the Membership yet. How about that Carol? Brenda, isn't this the process, not legal until confirmed by the Membership?

Re: Will Wonders Never Cease

That is the process... First a legal council that consists of a quorum (5) appoints a board member, then the membership confirms the appointee at the next quarterly membership meeting. This has not been done, therefore the election board has only two members. According to the EB ordinance, they must have a quorum of three in order to conduct business. So, how are they legally running this election? What's going to happen is this: if the "right" candidates don't win, they will protest and the EB will most likely agree with the protesters because of the lack of quorum issue in an attempt to re-do the election. If this happens, the EB should be removed for incompetence and owe every dime back that they have paid themselves and spent on this bogus election because they should know what their ordinance requires as quorum. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. I will guarantee you that if Edwards and Guy don't win, they will find a way to throw out the election so why not do it right from the beginning?

Re: Will Wonders Never Cease

They are not going to throw out the election. They will be thrown out of the Complex. Whatever it takes. Brenda already owes money to the Tribe. She was removed by a legal Council, at a legal meeting in September 2012. That money she owes the Caddo Nation. The same goes for those persons who have been terminated and have refused to leave. May take some time, will happen!!!!!!!!

What has Brenda Edwards done except ignore the Constitution and Bylaws, guard her and her husbands paycheck any way possible, etc. We have nothing, she has done nothing and all of a sudden she is walking on water. Hasn't and never will happen. Never, and I have been involved with the Tribe a long time, have I ever seen such an absolute ignorant, evil and selfish individual. Cannot even put her on the same level as a person and she has some wannabee's, the same level as she hanging with her, they will all go down.