Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
CD transfer
Joanne, I was wondering if you were still going to do the transfer on the Byron LP. If you are, I would like a copy.
Views: 330   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 13, 2007 1:41pm
by Barbara
Byron recording
I read on this site that the Caedmon recording, Tyrone Power Reading Byron was remastered on CD. Does anyone know where I can find this? I have tried many searches, but have not been successful. I have another old record of Byron poems, but would love to hear Tyrone...
Views: 338   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 5, 2007 5:14pm
by Barbara J. Snow
c
cheryl
Family ties
Hello, My grandfather who passed away in 1993( or 92) was related to Tyrone Power. My grandfather was Irish and from Columbus, Ohio. His name was william Ignacious Power. Since I was a little girl I always use to hear how I was related to Tyrone power. I never was...
Views: 359   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 5, 2007 7:57am
by Joanne
j
Joanne
The Premonition of Vincent Price
I've come across this over the yrs., once or twice, and it's always fascinating to repeat, etc. Kerry, no doubt mentioned it at one point as well, on the old forum. From Tom Slemen's "Mind's Secrets" (Barnes & Noble) _________________ THE PREMONITION OF VINCEN...
Views: 335   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 23, 2007 2:56pm
by Kerry
j
Joanne
new article added: "My Ship's Log"
(I'm out of control, what can I say). New article added (a particularly nice one, imho) My Ship's Log by Tyrone Power
Views: 366   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 21, 2007 3:18pm
by Joanne
j
Joanne
article on request (T. Power and Errol Flynn)
I have an article (from the 70's) on tyrone Power and Errol Flynn that I'm not going to add to the site 'cause it's a tabloid (would prefer not to up up tabloid stuff, if possible). However, if you care to look at the article, I'd be happy to send it along; just dro...
Views: 371   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 21, 2007 8:54am
by Joanne
j
Joanne
6 new articles added
Ranging from the 30's to 60's.... '38 '46 '48 '49 '56 '63
Views: 288   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 20, 2007 3:24pm
by Melody
k
Kerry
Get Happy: The Life of Judy Garland
This book was written by Gerald Clarke, and it contains several pages about Tyrone and Judy's love affair. The author quoted Watson Webb on many of the passages, and if it came from Watson I pretty much count on it. Page 164 "His dark good looks, combined with a...
Views: 350   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 19, 2007 4:50pm
by Joanne
m
Melody
Pirates of the Carribean??
Just putting this out there to see what TP fans think of today's Pirates, like Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow and the Pirates of the Carribean series-- One thing for certain, the action was more focused in Ty's movies, like Zorro, Black Swan, and certainly we can unde...
Views: 315   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jun 18, 2007 11:55am
by Joanne
k
Kerry
CORBIS photos
http://pro.corbis.com They have A LOT more pics of TP than before...some I have never seen before, including one of his grown son, TP Jr., with Lana Turner kissing him on the cheek. Cool stuff.
Views: 300   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 18, 2007 10:48am
by Joanne
k
Kerry
The closest Clooney ever got to looking like TP
I've seen a lot of George Clooney movies, and w/ "Ocean's 13" coming out, I decided to look back and pinpoint exactly where GC looked the most like Tyrone. I found it: "Out of Sight" (1998). I recall watching that movie several years ago and having to pause the f...
Views: 285   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 16, 2007 7:04am
by Kerry
j
Joanne
Views: 231   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 14, 2007 3:34pm
by Joanne
k
Kerry
Amazon.com "Search Inside" feature
In my quest to research all the media that's out there on Tyrone, I found that Amazon.com allows you to search inside books by subject. Just type in Tyrone Power, and click books on the lefthand side. All the books that mention him come up. Some of them have the "...
Views: 268   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 6, 2007 4:21pm
by Kerry
b
Bill
Meeting With Tyrone Power....
Hello All, I just stumbled upon this website, & was wondering if anyone here has ever met Tyrone Power? An older friend of mine (living in another state) actually ran into Power in an unusual circumstance. It was in a Broadway theatre's men's room during intermiss...
Views: 437   Replies: 26
Last Post: May 30, 2007 3:02pm
by Bill
j
Joanne
Son of Fury DVD cover
...going a little crazy with these to-be-released covers, but @##! they're nice :-)...
Views: 626   Replies: 15
Last Post: May 14, 2007 7:16am
by Joanne
k
Kerry
Views: 317   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 10, 2007 12:22pm
by Melody
k
Kerry
Tyrone-Power.com
This site is new...I've never seen it before. There are a lot of pictures there I have not seen. I was curious...for someone to have so many never-before-seen pics, they either knew Tyrone or had some kind of link to him. http://tyrone-power.com/
Views: 335   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 1, 2007 8:37am
by Joanne
j
Joanne
Bill: "Silents Majority" site
Posted this below, but just in case, Bill... Here is the Silents Majority website Silent' Majority http://www.silentsmajority.com/
Views: 244   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 28, 2007 9:52am
by Bill
j
Joanne
Tyrone on "You Tube.com"
Some interesting clips on TP on YouTube.com (recently 'discovered' this site...outa touch, what can I say) http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tyrone+power&search=Search or... Youtube.com, type in TPs name in the search option. Check out the comme...
Views: 346   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 27, 2007 7:23am
by Joanne
j
Joanne
"This Above All" DVD
While perusing the internet (a chronic sickness, what can I say :-)!), I came across "Video Retro" which offers "This Above All" on dvd. Not sure what the quality is like, but they're selling it cheap, so it may be worth the risk. Along with Zorro and Nightmare A...
Views: 319   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 23, 2007 9:31am
by Joanne
g
Gina
Tyrone's background
Hello. I know Tyrone was born in Ohio. What was his nationality? His looks were unique and of course handsome.
Views: 302   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 23, 2007 9:26am
by Joanne
m
Maria
TY article
http://blogcritics.org/archives/2006/11/26/190007.php My article about Ty and TCM is now on line at the above link.
Views: 530   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 21, 2007 9:00am
by Joanne
j
Joanne
"The Epic That Nearly Was" article
A particularly nice article, I think, has been added about the filming of "Solomon & Sheba." Contains some interesting info. along with many never-before-seen pics (not to this viewer at least :-) The Epic That Nearly Was" (A typewritten version will most li...
Views: 537   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 13, 2006 12:40am
by Maria
m
Maria
HELP IF YOU CAN
I think it's time we acknowledged that Turner Classic Movies has the franchise on old films which is detrimental to Tyrone Power, since TCM owns no 20th Century Fox films. As a result, Ty was eliminated from "Leading Men: The 50 Most Unforgettable Actors of the St...
Views: 470   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 25, 2006 2:09pm
by Maria
m
Maria
MEMORIAL SERVICE
For all those in the annual memorial service for Tyrone will be held November 15 at Hollywood Forever Cemetery in the chapel. It's good to get there by about 11:30. I believe Taryn Power will be there again this year.
Views: 437   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 23, 2006 8:34pm
by Joanne
k
Kerry
George Clooney, Gavin Rossdale
For a long time I've thought Clooney strongly resembled 1950s-era Tyrone. If you watch "Out of Sight", it is really apparent. But yet another TP resembler is Gavin Rossdale. Rossdale was the lead singer in a popular alternative band in the 90s called Bush. He...
Views: 392   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 3, 2006 11:59am
by Joanne
j
Joanne
9 new 'cinegrams' added.......
.....to "Miscellaneous" page. http://tyforum.bravepages.com/misc.html joanne
Views: 347   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 30, 2006 7:20am
by Joanne
j
Joanne
new section added (to "Miscellaneous")
A new section has been added to the Miscellaneous pages: "Cinegrams / Specialty Bks." (scroll down to find cinegrams, etc.) (More to be added later.) Cinegrams / Specialty Bks" txs joanne
Views: 370   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 6, 2006 3:44pm
by Joanne
j
Joanne
new article added "Screenland" Apr. '38
New 2 page pictorial article added (nice pics). Enjoy. Screenland, Apr. 1938
Views: 436   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 5, 2006 2:29pm
by Melody
j
Joanne
"Ladies in Love" to be shown at the Harvard Film Archive
If anyone lives at or near the Boston area, you may be interested to know that the Harvard Film Archive is "Ladies in Love", Saturday Oct. 7th. This is part of a Janet Gaynor retrospective that the Archive is having for the month of Oct. "Ladies in Love" / Harv...
Views: 482   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 29, 2006 6:57am
by Joanne
j
Joanne
new pages added ("Spotlights")
A rather of fun section (well, to this viewer at least :-)....) has been added to the misc. pages, featuring one page 'highlights/spotlights' that appeared in print throughout Tyrone Power's career. Spotlights
Views: 381   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 8, 2006 10:24am
by Joanne
j
Joanne
2 new articles added
2 new articles added. A pictorial from 1939 and a more recent one on "Nightmare Alley." txs joanne Film Pictorial '39 SScarlet St.-Nightmare Alley
Views: 412   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 7, 2006 4:01pm
by Joanne
Deborah Power Loew
In Tunica,Mississippi a newspaper called The Tunica Times listed in Obituaries on April 20, 2006. Deborah Power Loew~Mrs. Deborah Power Loew, widow of Tyrone Power, died on Monday, April 3, in Los Angeles from complications of a stroke. Mrs. Loew was the daughter of...
Views: 945   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 31, 2006 2:36pm
by Kerry
j
Joanne
new pictorial article added
New (2 pg.) pictorial article added; contains some nice pics. Movie Life Sep. '50
Views: 407   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 12, 2006 9:55am
by Melody
Links and Death of Debbie Power
I too was shocked last Sunday when I read of the death of Debbie Power on another fan site. This news of her death months ago, was unexpected. I wanted to mention on this main page, for links, "The Official Fan Club" is listed fourth. Usually the OFC is respectfu...
Views: 544   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 11, 2006 11:41am
by Joanne
1 2 3 4 5 6
Free Forum powered by Bravenet