The Suez Veterans Association

The main aim of the Association is to re-kindle and promote a spirit of comradeship amongst those who served in the

Suez Canal Zone, Egypt.     

Welcome to this Forum provided by the Association.

Open to non-members.

You are invited to post a reply to any message, or start a new topic.

'Keep the Flag Flying' 

Opinions expressed in letters on these forum pages are those of each correspondent and are not necessarily those of any serving representative of the

Suez Veterans Association.

To return to the SVA website, click here.

Forum: Suez Veterans Forum page
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A gut feeling

Hi Charles-Lads.
thank goodness for that. I probably have been slow in answering the postings, but when they become a witch hunt it is time to carry on elsewhere. Some quote the catholic herald and Sunday mirrors reports, I am RC and take the herald but even their reporter on his statement re the Nuns in the convent cellars were flawed. I tend to keep away from newspaper accounts on Suez, as they sometimes add a little of their own imagination when reporting, I researched over a log period from Suez veterans who sent me so much information on their various experiences, and general Lord Guthrie also helped me a lot especially with the fight for the medal, and other officers who were there at the time. I mention no names in my book as to mention a few would not be right to the many, and of course the relatives who had no idea of some of the atrocities committed to their loved ones would be absolutely horrified to read the method of their deaths..

A lot of Suez vets sent me material without mentioning their names for some reason or other, but they will recognise the incidents right away. and nearly a year after I started it was completed. I did it for the only reason that veterans and the public would be learning the truth about Suez and the part they played in it. it was suppressed for many years but the truth will always out. I am going to try get it published and I have transferred the manuscript including the roll of Honour onto a disc, to make it easier and cheaper to post. Here's hoping I am successful with replies. Take care lads and keep posting and put some of your opinions for the vets to read

God Bless
Tony

Email   1028  
Re: A gut feeling - by robert sharp - Feb 16, 2017 9:41pm
Re: A gut feeling - by John Grant - Feb 17, 2017 9:42am
Re: A gut feeling - by robert sharp - Feb 19, 2017 4:47pm
Re: A gut feeling - by John Grant - Feb 19, 2017 8:36pm
Re: A gut feeling - by Bill Badger - Feb 20, 2017 10:08am
Re: A gut feeling - by robert sharp - Feb 20, 2017 2:46pm
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Free Web Tools   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com