The Suez Veterans Association

The main aim of the Association is to re-kindle and promote a spirit of comradeship amongst those who served in the

Suez Canal Zone, Egypt.     

Welcome to this Forum provided by the Association.

Open to non-members.

You are invited to post a reply to any message, or start a new topic.

'Keep the Flag Flying' 

Opinions expressed in letters on these forum pages are those of each correspondent and are not necessarily those of any serving representative of the

Suez Veterans Association.

To return to the SVA website, click here.

Forum: Suez Veterans Forum page
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
"And now for something completely different..".

MFNS - NEW YORK – The Board of CNN Inc. and it's worldwide news division have announced starting Monday a new policy of issuing trigger warnings before showing the face of President Donald Trump to viewing audiences. CNN has estimated that millions of viewers have turned off CNN because of their growing fear that Trump may appear on their screens and further traumatize them with his blunt language, harsh political realities & brutish no nonsense diplomatic tact.
CNN also promised at least 15 minutes of “Trump-free” programming every hour, from 15 minutes to 30 minutes after each hour. Blitzer concluded his annoncement:
“We would like people to know that for those 15 minutes, that CNN itself is a safe space from the menace of Donald Trump’s face and the menace of Trump’s unholy name. Even during the rest of the hour we may have some Trump-free programming.”
Even some journalists also want safe spaces and so that they are not triggered by having to cover Trump from the White House press pool. One anonymous Wall Street Journal reporter and frequent White House press pool correspondent confessed to being “horrified at the mere sight of Trump. He triggers me into two minutes of total hate for him at least every day. I am trying to get out of covering Trump. I want to cover less offensive leaders, such as Kim Jong-Un. Or that President Erdogan of Turkey. He seems nice.”
Okay, so it's NOT Suez-related... But it well could be soon if current situation doesn't improve.

BB

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com