The Suez Veterans Association

The main aim of the Association is to re-kindle and promote a spirit of comradeship amongst those who served in the

Suez Canal Zone, Egypt.     

Welcome to this Forum provided by the Association.

Open to non-members.

You are invited to post a reply to any message, or start a new topic.

'Keep the Flag Flying' 

Opinions expressed in letters on these forum pages are those of each correspondent and are not necessarily those of any serving representative of the

Suez Veterans Association.

To return to the SVA website, click here.

Suez Veterans Forum page
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My daughter just come across your association I didn't know anything about it.

My Daughter is an active member of the RBL Riders and is trying to help me locate my pal Ron Attwell who I served with in 1952 to 1954. I was a regular he came in as national service. I was in the RAOC army number 22819455 Private Kenneth Jordan. We both served in Egypt but I haven't seen him since around 1956/1957. He lived in Hackney at the time. I will be 83 in January and I really would love to see him again, if he is still with us.

My daughter will print off the membership form and return it with payment in full for me.

If there is anything yourselves can do to help, it would mean so much to me. Or if you are able to point us in the right direction. With data protection which is a good thing, it is not easy I find to try and locate someone.

I fully understand if you are able to locate him, that it would be up to him, if he would like to get in touch.

I now live in Port Isaac in Cornwall, but originally from Small Heath in Birmingham.

We were both drivers in Egypt. I look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes Ken (the email address is my daughters email address)

Re: My daughter just come across your association I didn't know anything about it.

Hello Ken
I’m pleased to see that you, and your daughter, have found the Suez Veterans Association at last.
I have checked the lists of current and past members and didn’t find the name of Ron Attwell so I regret I can’t help you with any details about him. Have you tried contacting the RAOC Association? They should have one.
Looking forward to receiving your membership application, I will get it processed and sent back to you as soon as I can.
Wishing you and your daughter all the best for a good Christmas.
Richard Woolley.
SVA Membership Secretary.

Re: My daughter just come across your association I didn't know anything about it.

Thankyou for your reply. I shall send in the application. I will try the RAOC.

Wish you too a very merry christmas

Best wishes

Ken