The 'Old' Suez Veterans Association

You are invited to post a reply to any message, or start a new topic.

'Keep the Flag Flying' 

Opinions expressed in letters on these forum pages are those of each correspondent and are not necessarily those of any serving representative of
what was the old  
Suez Veterans Association.

Suez Veterans Forum page
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Another website?

I have had a report from someone who has not been able to post a message onto the Forum despite trying a number of times. He suspects the Forum is at fault.
Have you had a similar problem? If you have, please e-mail me to let me know.

All the best to everyone.
Richard W.
:thinking_face:

I am wondering if there is anyone left out there.

Richard
:confused:

Testing connection... this is a reply!

BB

Richard wrote: "Is anyone out there?"

Apparently not, Richard, other than just thee and me...

The phrase "flogging a dead horse comes to mind..."

BB

Sorry to hear this news Richard. I pop in every now and then! Seventeen years ago it was buzzing, but I guess many members have now passed away. Best wishes to all the Suez Veterans remaining.

Hello Anne, good to see your name on the Forum again, pleased you are still active and hoping you are keeping well.
Yes, it is sad news about the Association, it was good while it lasted and we made some good friends. The Website will cease to exist on or just before the 5th September. Although the Association has virtually closed there are two more events to be held.
The first is the autumn reunion, closing AGM and final Memorial Service at the National Memorial Arboretum at Alrewas, Staffordshire. These will be held over the weekend 17th to 20th October at the Novotel Hotel, Long Eaton, between Derby and Nottingham. If anyone wants more details please phone Derek Jackson on 01507 327 398.
The other event is the Laying-Up of the Association Standard. This has been provisionally arranged for 29th March 2020 at the Sunderland Minster.
Somehow this needs to be advertised nearer the date so this Forum will continue for a while yet, and I am toying with the idea of having a new website, a small one, nothing definite yet !!! So watch this space !!!

Best wishes to you and all our readers.
Richard
:+1:

Richard - that's a brilliant idea. Apologies for my absence.

John