Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
m
Melody
Tyrone Power on TCM/Film Noir - Nightmare Alley
See Ty today in Nightmare Alley, which he considered his favorite film, on TCM. Host Eddie Muller said he was honored to show it on Ty's birthday. Finally some notice from TCM!! Happy Birthday Ty! http://www.tcm.com/this-month/article/1484397|0/Noir-Alley-in-...
Views: 116   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 5, 2019 7:32am
by Melody
k
Kerry
What are your top 5 favorite Tyrone movies and why?
I thought this would be fun. My top 5 are: 1. "The Black Swan" - this movie has stood the test of time with it's storyline and humor. It has gorgeous colors, a shirtless Tyrone, and a beautiful Maureen O'Hara. I could watch s smirking Tyrone anyday! 2. "Je...
Views: 359   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 13, 2016 7:40pm
by igormulpas
m
MV
Remembering Maureen O'Hara
Just a note remembering Maureen O'Hara who was dynamic playing opposite Ty in Black Swan.
Views: 291   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 24, 2015 10:29am
by MV
m
MV
TCM/Month of Stars--Why no Tyrone?????
Was looking at the line up for TCM's month of stars during August. Still no Tyrone Power!! So frustrating that Tyrone does not get his due. (They did show Razor's Edge on Saturday as they were honoring Gene Tierney, but only for that reason.) Very sad tha...
Views: 300   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 19, 2015 3:41pm
by MV
j
Joanne
3 new magazine articles added
...enjoy....magazine articles
Views: 299   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 18, 2015 3:57pm
by MV
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
Happy Birthday Baby!!!!! Gone, but not forgotten!!!
Views: 305   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 6, 2015 4:31pm
by MV
m
MV
Tyrone Power Centennial/Park Ridge (Chicago IL) Celebration May 2014
I tried to post this before, back in May, but somehow Bravenet said it detected spam and rejected my post. So I'm trying again. We were very fortunate that Matthew Hoffman, who works with the Park Ridge Library and is a noted film historian in the Chicago area,...
Views: 363   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 22, 2015 12:27pm
by Joanne
m
Maria
Romina Power
As many of you know, Romina's book, Finding My Father, has been in Italian and out in Italy for years. Now there is a translated version for 5.99 as an e-book available at: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/329476 I think you'll really like it.
Views: 416   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 18, 2015 3:41pm
by Ronda Slaybaugh
His great-great-great granddaughter.
I talked to her on twitter. She's really very nice. I've seen her mentioned in another place before too, so I know she's related to him. it's @ashliejere.
Views: 352   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 20, 2014 1:07pm
by Maria
TCM Forgets!!
As an ardent admirer of TP for nearly 50 years, I naturally want him to get his due. And for this most special day, I expect more. For those who've read my posts you know I have a running gripe with TCM, but I am absolutely livid. 'Rose of Washington Square' aired to...
Views: 342   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 19, 2014 11:38am
by Maria
STAMP?
Hello. Does anyone know if Tyrone Power has a postal stamp or is going to get one? I sure hope he does. Thank you. Ronda
Views: 540   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 19, 2014 11:31am
by Maria
m
MV
Park Ridge Library/Last Night's Showing of "The Black Swan"
They truly had a surprise for us! Taryn Power, Ty's younger daughter with Linda Christian, and her own daughter, Valentiina, were the honored guests! They are hoping to have a Tyrone Power Centennial film fest next year for his 100th birthday, and ask Taryn to...
Views: 396   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 30, 2013 10:06pm
by Joanne
m
Maria
100th birthday celebration
Just to keep everyone in the loop, my organization, Movie Memories, has plans for Tyrone's 100th birthday. Right now, we will be in New York, Boston, Rochester, New York, Columbus Ohio, Cincinnati, OH, Pineville MO (Jesse James Day), and Los Angeles showing Tyrone...
Views: 432   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 28, 2013 12:00am
by Joanne
m
Maria
TCM and Ty
At least TCM has a license now to show Tyrone's movies, and that's something that we fans have really pushed for. I am hoping that they will do something special for him on his 100th birthday next year, including featuring Ty Power Jr. on one of their shows, like...
Views: 339   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 26, 2013 9:48am
by Maria
m
MV
Park Ridge Library Film Fest (wrap-up)
Hi Ty fans-- Here is the wrap up blog by Matthew Hoffman on the Park Ridge Library Film Fest. Scroll down to the second half of it (you'll see Taryn Power-Greendeer's photo) for notes on the Q and A we had with her, and Matt and staff documented her responses v...
Views: 368   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 4, 2013 12:53pm
by MV
m
MV
Park Ridge (ILL) Library Film Fest continues with a great Ty presentation!
http://crossedswords2013.wordpress.com/ Check out the commentary for The Black Swan which will be shown tomorrow night at the Park Ridge Library. Wonderful posts of lobby cards and photos of Ty and Maureen O'Hara in this commentary. They are having a special T...
Views: 303   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 15, 2013 8:21am
by MV
m
MV
Ty's not forgotten here!! From Park Ridge Library Movie Festival Blog
http://crossedswords2013.wordpress.com/ Scroll down to Matthew Hoffman's notes on Mark of Zorro and some lovely photos of TP as Don Diego and Zorro. Let's give a round of applause to Matt for remembering Ty--the famous photo of Ty and Basil Rathbone during thei...
Views: 334   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 8, 2013 10:39am
by MV
Happy Birthday!!
Love this web site!! Happy Birthday Tyrone!! We still love ya!! We will never forget you!!!!
Views: 339   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 5, 2013 6:47pm
by MV
j
Jan
Tyrone''s death
I think he was a great actor. It's too bad he died so young and we were denied enjoying his full talent as a character actor. It's also too bad he smoked so much which I believe contributed to his death. From what I've read, he had warning signs weeks before his d...
Views: 290   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 5, 2013 6:43pm
by MV
j
Jan
Cheryl Lynn
I was wondering who this Cheryl Lynn is.
Views: 369   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 30, 2013 3:25pm
by Jan
p
psm
advertisement
I am trying to find out if Tyrone Powers ever posed for Advertisement for cigarette ads. I have an oil Painting that is almost certainly Powers and the lady That gave it to me had an amazing story about it and The painter and the lady in the painting. I have a p...
Views: 299   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 30, 2013 2:44pm
by Jan
m
MV
Mark of Zorro Park Ridge Crossed Swords Festival
This was very worth attending. The moderator, Matt Hoffman, really did his homework and gave a detailed presentation on the movie, the history of Zorro (from the original pulp fiction to the movies), good commentary on Tyrone's portrayal, also the supporting cast....
Views: 239   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 25, 2013 8:37pm
by MV
m
MV
Crossed Swords Film Festival/Park Ridge IL (NW Chicago suburb)
Hi Ty fans! This Sunday, the Park Ridge Library (NW Chicago suburb) kicked off their "Crossed Swords" movie festival with Errol Flynn's Robin Hood. Part of this swashbuckling festival will be Ty's Mark of Zorro (and they made a point of Ty's duel to the finis...
Views: 383   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 1, 2013 12:37pm
by MV
j
Joanne
Views: 313   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2012 10:59am
by Joanne
Power-full Day on TCM
Yes, at long last (and overdue) Tyrone Power is given an entire day to himself. Celluloid heaven for established fans. Even 24 hours is not too much for this gifted and multi-faceted film great, especially given how long it was in coming. As a decades old admirer, I...
Views: 298   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 27, 2012 6:09pm
by Joanne
j
Joanne
14 new magazine articles added (30s - 50s)
14 new mag. articles added (please scroll throughout the page (link below) and look for the "new" icon). Check out the great TP caricature in the "Stork Club" article :-)! magazine articles [http://tyforum.bravepages.com/ma.html]
Views: 296   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 27, 2012 6:04pm
by Joanne
j
Joanne
TCM will feature Tyrone Power films on Aug 25
AT LAST TCM will dedicate a day to Tyrone Power films on August 25th--for their yearly "Summer Under the Stars"! Now if he could be featured as Star of the Month--not to mention some other Fox stars, as well, that would be ideal!
Views: 291   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 23, 2012 5:06pm
by Joanne
Fox Cinema Archive
Hi all, 20th Century Fox is finally starting up its own MOD (manufactured on demand) program. (ABOUT TIME!) Hopefully this means the rest of Ty's Fox filmography will find its way onto DVD. Three Fox Cinema Archives titles are now up at Amazon for pre-order, and o...
Views: 311   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 21, 2012 10:14am
by Joanne
a
Alex
I want to say thankyou for the 'Tyrone Power Pages'
I want to thank 2 people. First the lady who put this website together. It is truly amazing what she has done..it blows my mind. The skill, the perfection, the detail, the research. It is all so incredibly professional I cannot imagine the months or even years of res...
Views: 279   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 20, 2012 10:25pm
by Alex
a
AV
Captain from Castile on TCM
It's having it's TCM premiere tonight, watching it right now. Beautiful print...rich colors and not a scratch in it. Guess TCM got it's hands on a pristine copy.
Views: 251   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 20, 2012 5:17pm
by AV
m
Maria
URGENT
The USPS is launching a "Starbucks" series of famous film stars and wants our vote. Please, please rush over to http://www.facebook.com/USPSStamps and vote for Tyrone. We need all the votes we can get (as usual, what else is new).
Views: 345   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 17, 2012 8:57am
by Joanne
Diplomatic Courier on Region 2 DVD
How's this for a nice birthday present for Tyrone Power's fans? Odeon Entertainment is releasing Diplomatic Courier on DVD in Region 2 on May 28! But they spell Ty's name as TYRON! I'm sending them an e-mail so they can get it fixed in time. Whoops. :) Here is O...
Views: 296   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 16, 2012 3:44am
by Adam
a
Alex
Article on Edith Crane Wife of Tyrone Power Sr.--IS THIS OUR TY'S FAMILY OR NOT?
Whilst trying to find out who the lady is in the picture with Tyrone Power Senior and the question about Edith Crane, I did some searching around and found she was married to Tyrone Power Senior. She died after an operation it seems. But this article of Edith Cra...
Views: 424   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 11, 2012 12:04pm
by RONDA SLAYBAUGH
TP Birthday: No Video Tributes
Indeed a special day for us, but apparently not so for the programmers of Turner Classic Movies and the Fox Movie Channel. Forgive me for always seeming to criticize, but when a star of his stature is so totally ignored for a birthday tribute by TCM which does so ma...
Views: 223   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 5, 2012 11:19pm
by C. L. Kaye
Happy Birthday Baby!!!
Today is our guys birthday!!! Happy birthday tyrone!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!
Views: 226   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 5, 2012 8:03am
by Peachtreegal
a
Alex
Tyrone Powers Pinky ring-a message from the family
Recently I put a question into yahoo answer about Ty's ring. I notiiced it in many films and wondered if this was a ring he wore always as some fils he did not and other he did. I got the following message back from "The power family" on the message reply. This is...
Views: 3475   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 25, 2012 4:33pm
by Alex
'The Tyrone Power Story' et al
For those on the Pacific coast, it's not too late to catch our hero on the Fox Movie Channel now. They're repeating the (flawed) 'Tyrone Power Story' which debuted last year and pairing with 2 broadcasts each of 'Son of Fury' and 'Captain From Castile.' At least thi...
Views: 255   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 25, 2012 3:45pm
by Maria
a
AV
Just realized....Sgt. Pepper
I was recently looking at the album cover of The Beatles "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" album and realized TP is one of the faces on the cover. He's right behind John Lennon and below Tony Curtis, third row down. http://1loveart.com/wp-content/uploads/wps...
Views: 214   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 19, 2012 3:38am
by Adam
Tyrone 2014 Stamp on Facebook
Hello everyone. We have started a Facebook page for the continued effort to get Ty a stamp for his centenary. It was discovered that the Advisory Committee was impressed by the number of "Likes" that one person's name (who had been submitted) got on their FB page....
Views: 285   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 10, 2012 12:17am
by Alex
who is the lady?
Hey Tyrone fans!! I have a question and I bet someone out there might know. On e-bay there is a picture of Tyrone Power's dad and in this picture is a lady with him now this is a beautiful picture. When you go to E-Bay type in 1905 Power, Tyrone. Now, this lady I bel...
Views: 248   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 9, 2012 10:56pm
by Alex
a
Alex
Hello I just found this website again after 4 years I am back!
Hello All! I am so glad I found this website again. I left the states to go back to Ireland and am back for medical treatment and have been watching Ty again. I just found all my old messages under Alexandra but I am going by Alex now its easier and shorter to go by...
Views: 250   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 9, 2012 8:15pm
by Alex
a
AV
Alfred Cheney Johnson photo of TP in Library of Congress
He's the famous Ziegfeld Follies photographer http://quietplacetolive.com/21/libraryofcongress/1.%20THE%20ALFRED%20CHENEY%20JOHNSTON%20COLLECTION/PAGE%203,%20101-150/136.%20Tyrone%20Power.JPG
Views: 472   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 13, 2012 9:40pm
by AV
j
Joanne
new article from '39 added....
"The Truth About Those Romances"
Views: 256   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 18, 2012 4:37pm
by Joanne
m
MV
Happy Holidays and a Great New Year
Wishing Joanne and everyone Happy Holidays and a great New Year in 2012.
Views: 169   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 31, 2011 11:00am
by Ronda Slaybaugh
Blog about Abandon Ship
Hi, everyone, a great write-up (with screencaps) on Abandon Ship, at Immortal Ephemera. http://www.things-and-other-stuff.com/14352/abandon-ship-1957-tyrone-power/
Views: 236   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 23, 2011 3:21pm
by Melody
Tyrone Power - I've Got A Secret - January 1st, 1958
THIS MIGHT BE OLD NEWS, I FOUND THIS ON YOUTUBE AND THOUGHT IT WAS CUTE. I JUST LOVE IT AND LAUGHED ALL THROUGH THE WHOLE VIDEO. WHAT A CUTIE HE WAS. ENJOY!!
Views: 242   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 11, 2011 10:28pm
by C. L. Kaye
Blog about The Razor's Edge
Cliff of the Immortal Ephemera blog has written a long post about The Razor's Edge, with a lot of pictures from the movie. Enjoy! http://www.things-and-other-stuff.com/13740/tyrone-power-the-razors-edge-1946/
Views: 221   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 26, 2011 7:25pm
by Peachtree
j
Joanne
Video - TP talks about the UN
Wow, here is a video clip I've never seen before!! God love the internet :-)!! video - TP talks about the UN
Views: 267   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 22, 2011 1:52pm
by Joanne
a
AV
Some Great Candids and On Set Photos
http://www.acertaincinema.com/browse/person/tyrone-power/?p1=38&p2=1&p3=1&p4=1
Views: 252   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 9, 2011 1:15pm
by MV
Laura's Miscellaneous Musings
Laura at the Laura's Miscellaneous Musings blog wrote an entry about Tyrone Power in honor of his birthday in May. Here's the link: http://laurasmiscmusings.blogspot.com/2011/05/birthday-tribute-to-tyrone-power.html
Views: 220   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 7, 2011 1:52pm
by Joanne
1 2 3 4 5 6
Free Forum powered by Bravenet