Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
j
Joanne
3 new magazine articles added
(I'm cheating with the '58 article as it's been moved from the wrongly placed nspr. artcl. section. Nice new pics, however :-)... "FLIGHT FOR LOVE" Movie Mirror, Jan. '40 "DOES ANNABELLA BOSS TYRONE?" Screenland, May '40 "WOMEN SCARE ME TO DEATH!" Fam...
Views: 278   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 13, 2009 12:50pm
by Melody
New Garland Biopic
So who would be cast as Tyrone Power? Zac Efron looks a lot like the young Tyrone, except for the blue eyes. But that's why they invented colored contact lenses. :) New Judy Garland biopic in the works Weinstein brothers option Gerald Clarke's no-holds-barred 20...
Views: 499   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 9, 2009 1:46pm
by Melody
Ken Jennings The Jeopardy Guy
So who here remembers Ken Jennings, the guy who won a million bucks on Jeopardy? :) Jennings has a website with a blog he updates almost daily -- and which I read almost daily, as his blog is a sheer delight. It's witty, amusing, smart and often filled with brain...
Views: 287   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 8, 2009 9:47am
by Joanne
s
Sarah
Tyrone and Linda Christian
Hello everyone! Well, I thought I would ask a question that has bothered me for some time. I read part of The Last Idol a long time ago, so maybe it was already discussed in there, but if so, I don't remember, and I haven't been able to read another biography of Ty...
Views: 369   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 2, 2009 1:20pm
by Melody
j
Joanne
Views: 319   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 23, 2009 12:11pm
by Nicole
j
Joanne
images uploaded to previously submitted artcls. / Peachtree's English translation...
..both include some nice personal pics. Movie Life silver screen And, of course, Peachtreegal's fabulous English translation is now complete ! cine munidal
Views: 280   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 23, 2009 12:07pm
by Nicole
j
Joanne
Tyrone Power on "What's My Line" video
For anyone that hasn't seen this, it's definitely worth a look. A real treat to see the 'real' TP. Wally Cox and Arlene Francis are a hoot (..."and it's not you Wally"... "It were 'I' Wally"); funny stuff. "TP What's My Line Youtube Vid
Views: 326   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 13, 2009 4:46pm
by Joanne
m
Melody
From LA Times
Checking our sister paper in LA to see if anything was written about the 50th anniversary of Ty's passing and found this: The Magnetic Tyrone Power American Cinematheque pays tribute to 20th Century Fox's matinee idol on the 50th anniversary of his death. By Sus...
Views: 405   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 13, 2009 8:12am
by Carolyn
j
Joanne
Great new Tyrone Power site!
check out this great new site (gorgeous graphics)! TP is the actor of the month. http://www.monthlymoviemadness.net.tc/
Views: 391   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 13, 2009 7:56am
by Carolyn
j
Joanne
TP mentioned in new Christopher Plummer bio....
....a rather insteresting aside..... http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/books/review/Witchel-t.html
Views: 260   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 31, 2008 1:11pm
by Joanne
j
Joanne
2 new articles
from '49 and '59.... "A Man Called Power" "6 Women Who Miss Ty Most" (images to be added later; having scanner problems)
Views: 277   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 28, 2008 8:14pm
by Joanne
j
Joanne
TP on Fox newsreel - WWII rallying cry
No doubt some have seen this but I was particularly to come across it! TP giving a speech...or a "war and rallying cry" as the site puts it. Great stuff! FOX Movietone News-1940's - TP
Views: 264   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 24, 2008 8:54am
by Melody
Report from 50th Anniversary Event at Gravesite
http://blog.allanellenberger.com/book-flm-news/tyrone-power-50th-anniversary-memorial/
Views: 333   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 9, 2008 3:41pm
by Joanne
a
AV
Life Magazine Archives
Hi everyone. Haven't been here in years but discovered a new site with some amazing TP pics. Thought of this forum since it always had such a thorough catalog of Ty photos. Google is making the archives of Life Magazine available online. Just initiated today. Eventua...
Views: 294   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 9, 2008 3:34pm
by Joanne
m
Melody
Rest in peace, Ty--thank you for your memorable work.
Views: 267   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 16, 2008 4:01pm
by Melody
Spanish Articles, Page 13
[I hope this article is accurate about the relationship of Ty and King Vidor, but it is definitely fanciful about Vidor’s early years: Vidor did not attend a military academy in Los Angeles; he grew up in Texas and attended grade school at the Peacock Military...
Views: 296   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 14, 2008 10:06am
by Peachtreegal
A Mark of Zorro Anecdote
The following was printed in the Sunday November 2 New York Times "Holiday Movies" section, in an article entitled Favorites From Some Insiders, which has five Hollywood filmmakers talking about favorite holiday movies. To read the entire article, go to: http://w...
Views: 291   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 10, 2008 10:14am
by Peachtreegal
j
Joanne
8 new articles added
8 new articles added. (The French "Jours de France" has some very nice, albeit sad, pics): [SPANISH] "TYRONE E CESAR EMPREDEN EL VUELO" 9/3/46 "IS TY POWER ON NEW LOVE QUEST?" Picture Play, Oct. 1938 [PORTUGUESE] "EM VIAGEMDE NUPCIAS ANNABELLA E SEU MARIDO...
Views: 323   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 7, 2008 1:43pm
by Melody
Bad hand
Sorry but there will be a temporary halt to translations and posts as I injured my right hand (nothing too serious) and it's in a black plastic and velcro splint thingie which makes it extremely difficult to type. Will be reading tho.
Views: 308   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 6, 2008 1:07pm
by Joanne
j
Joanne
Peachtreegal's English translation added to Spanish commemorative nspr.
Peachtreegal's fantastic (!) translation has been added to each respective page of the Spanish commemorative nspr. MANY THANKS Peachtree :-)!!!
Views: 239   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 2, 2008 8:28pm
by Joanne
Spanish Articles Page 10
The Popular Actor Was Interviewed At Our Microphones BITS AND PIECES •The Power tradition has disappeared •He fought a bullfight at a festival in Morelia •Ranch worth 3 million to his daughters •Had film plans for Mexico By Jaime P...
Views: 319   Replies: 14
Last Post: Oct 31, 2008 10:17pm
by Joanne
TP Festival at the American Cinematheque
The American Cinematheque at the Egyptian Theater in Los Angeles is having a Tyrone Power mini-festival November 14, 15 and 16. Here's the schedule: Friday, November 14 7:30 p.m. Nightmare Alley Saturday, November 15 7:30 p.m. The Razor's Edge and "My Dad, T...
Views: 300   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 31, 2008 9:45am
by Melody
Spanish Articles, Pages 11-12
I see a light at the end of this particular tunnel... :) Page 11 HE GAVE HIS LIFE TO THE MOVIES In the face of Tyrone Power, a man who dedicated his life to film, there remain few traces of the youth of Marie Antoinette, Lloyds of London and other films from...
Views: 232   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 30, 2008 12:26pm
by Melody
j
joanne
Film Weekly's Guide to "Marie Antoinette"
Many nice behind the scenes pages (14 pages total) "Marie Antoinette" Film Weekly [UK mag.]
Views: 297   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 30, 2008 6:46am
by Joanne
Tyrone Power's grave
I was wondering are the public allowed to go to the hollywood stars graves or is this not allowed which would be understandable as I am sure there are crazy people out there that might do damage etc for money or whatever reasons. I was just wondering do they do tours...
Views: 305   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 23, 2008 12:37pm
by Alexandra
John Brown's Body
I'm sure you've all heard this recording already, but I just listened to the first time to the double LP album of John Brown's Body with Ty, Judith Anderson, Raymond Massey and an a capella chorus. It was a real thrill as the actors were all wonderful and also becau...
Views: 278   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 21, 2008 9:08am
by Peachtreegal
j
joanne
71 new mag. covers
For anyone that may be interested, 71 new magazine covers from the 30's, 40's and 50's, respectively have been added to the press pages. (Scroll down and loodkfor the mag. covers with the "new" icon next to them.) 30's 40's 50's & post
Views: 244   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 17, 2008 8:01pm
by joanne
Spanish Articles Page 9
Rita Macedo was a very well known Mexican actress. I am confused by the reference to the producer Rudolph Lowental, as I cannot find his name on the IMDB his name in connection with Maedchen in Uniform, a ground-breaking 1931 film on the topic of lesbianism, and whi...
Views: 314   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 17, 2008 2:19pm
by joanne
m
Melody
Goregous Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haZxp2BvXPI Worth a look!
Views: 227   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 16, 2008 1:36pm
by Melody
m
Melody
Of all names!
Here's one for you-- Someone called looking for a payment today and her name, of all names . . . Linda Christianson! I was just reading Peachtreegal's translations and then the call came in, and when I asked her name I had to stop myself from saying, "like t...
Views: 262   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 16, 2008 9:24am
by joanne
j
joanne
4 new mag. articles (nice TP/L. Christian pics)
4 new articles have been added including a '49 issue of the Italian mag. "Oggi" that contains many nice (and rare) wedding/wedding preparation pics: wedding pics... [ITALIAN] "Matrimonio In Technicolor/Per Tyrone il Buone e Linda La Bella" OGGI, Feb. 3, 1949...
Views: 337   Replies: 7
Last Post: Oct 15, 2008 11:09pm
by joanne
Rose of Washington Square
The Alice Faye Collection, vol. 2 is now available, which means we have another Tyrone Power film on DVD -- Rose of Washington Square, a thinly disguised biopic of Fanny Brice which angered Brice to the point that she sued Fox and the three lead actors (Faye, Power a...
Views: 237   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 15, 2008 8:13am
by Melody
k
Kerry
New video of Tyrone Power Jr.
I think this is from 2006. He looks more like his father as he gets older: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nBG0xXCn8E
Views: 272   Replies: 21
Last Post: Oct 12, 2008 10:52pm
by joanne
Spanish Articles Page 8
The two articles from page 8... the first one is extremely interesting, but the biographical sketch is not always, shall we say, accurate. ;) TYRONE POWER’S CORDIAL SIMPLICITY His former in-laws absent yesterday from Mexico [City] Neither Señor...
Views: 224   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 12, 2008 5:36pm
by Peachtreegal
Crash Dive
I don't think anyone has mentioned "Crash Dive" yet. The cast is superb. Dana Andrews is absolutely wonderful as Dewey Connors, but Tyrone Power shines as Ward Stewart. Lol, I always think men look very nice in military uniforms, lol. Well, Tyrone Power is gorgeous w...
Views: 297   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 10, 2008 10:13am
by joanne
2009 Tyrone Power Calendar
If anyone is looking for a 2009 TP calendar, a very nice one is up for auction on ebay. The price is in British pounds, so it's a bit expensive, but as I already have one (from an earlier auction), I can testify that it's a enjoyable item to add to your memorabilia....
Views: 246   Replies: 6
Last Post: Oct 10, 2008 10:12am
by joanne
Spanish articles Page 6
Is there a year for the article on page 6? It has a date of November 16 but the year is cut off. I'm asking because the article's first sentence doesn't make sense unless it was published after Ty's death, and yet Abandon Ship was released in March 1957. Perhaps...
Views: 207   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 6, 2008 3:01pm
by Joanne
j
joanne
captain from castile..life size..
...just a bit of sensory overload :-)...
Views: 301   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 6, 2008 12:37pm
by joanne
Spanish Articles page 7
We Will Dedicate Tomorrow’s Entire Issue to the Film Actor Tyrone Power Articles from Madrid recall a recent interview with Tyrone Power. “About women,” the actor said, “Let married people do the talking…” A few days before h...
Views: 224   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 6, 2008 11:20am
by joanne
Spanish Articles Page 4
I don't mean to take over the board but I seem to be on a roll today :) The article below had some typos (and what I believe are some factual errors) so I was scratching my head over a couple of lines. But 99 percent of it was fine so I don't think there are any hu...
Views: 264   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 6, 2008 10:45am
by joanne
Spanish Articles Page 5
Page 5 didn’t take long as it’s all photo captions. The article on the left is actually an ad for a dog training school. “Is your dog a perfect calamity and you can’t stand it anymore…?” :) The photos are all from Abandon Ship...
Views: 250   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 30, 2008 6:52pm
by joanne
Spanish Articles page 2
http://tyforum.bravepages.com/artc/cine-11-58-2.html DURING AN INTEVIEW The magnificent actor, gone yesterday, victim of an unexpected heart attack, speaking with reporters about his concerns and future plans, unaware of his imminent passing •The great...
Views: 239   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 26, 2008 12:57pm
by joanne
Spanish Articles Page 3
Notes: The first article on this page, which reports that Gina Lollabrigida was on set during Ty's heart attack, seems to contradict the third one, which says she heard about it in her hotel suite. Of course, I could be misunderstanding the Spanish, so if anyone el...
Views: 274   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 26, 2008 7:17am
by Peachtreegal
j
joanne
article/Spanish commemorative nspr. added
One article and a Spanish commemorative newspaper published at the time of TP's death added. Spanish newspaper has many rare photos. [SPANISH COMMEMORATIVE NEWSPAPER] "Fallecio el Actor Tyrone Power Ayer" Cine Mundial, Noviembre '58 "With Thanks to Broad...
Views: 284   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 24, 2008 2:18pm
by Peachtreegal
Ladies in Love
Fox Movie Channel is showing Ladies in Love on September 22 at 6 a.m.... in case anyone here doesn't have this in their collection. :) The first shot of Ty through a partially opened doorway is luverly. :)
Views: 254   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 23, 2008 7:24am
by Peachtreegal
j
Joanne
Solomon and Sheba
This was on recently and I'll be darned if I can spot TP in the long shots :-(. Actually, I have yet to spot him in Tom Brown's School Days. Ah well. Has anyone else sighted anything in S&S?
Views: 255   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 22, 2008 6:46pm
by joanne
j
joanne
PONY SOLDIER soundtrack released
..written by the wonderful Alex North. pony soldier
Views: 230   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 20, 2008 12:05pm
by Peachtreegal
p
Peggi
Fan Art Page
Hi Joanne, Wow, Melody tipped me off on Facebook about the gorgeous collage you did for the fan art page...it is soooo beautiful! I have one I did recently of him and Norma in Marie Antoinette - I will email it to you, or should I post it here? Sorry I've been...
Views: 247   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 20, 2008 10:49am
by Joanne
j
Joanne
15 new articles added
..from all three decades. "The Prince of Bluffers" article has a rare negative tone. "Hollywood at War" , Look, 1/12/43 "Movie Memos: The Black Rose" , Movies, 10/50, "Tyrone's Deferement Duty" , Movie Life, 1/43, "Request Favorites" , Movie P...
Views: 239   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 19, 2008 11:05am
by Joanne
j
joanne
5 more....
..articles.. "'Boy Friend Stars in Drama" , Radio Guide, 10/9/37 "Tyrone Knows an Answer" , Hollywood, 10/37 "Winners of the Derby" , Modern Screen, 5/37 "I Was There [Hymie Fink]" , Photoplay, 8/48 "So it is With Ty and Me, Silver Screen, 11/50
Views: 243   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 19, 2008 11:01am
by Joanne
1 2 3 4 5 6
Free Forum powered by Bravenet